Innokin Disruptor + Arctic 0.5 ohm?

Chinis

Hi, I've been vaping for a few months since I quit smoking, and I am in  fact a chain vaper, pretty much vaping all the time. I started with the Smok stick one plus kit, but then I wanted to move up. At this point I decided to just get a new tank, as this TFV4 Micro tank that came in the kit wasn't exactly impressive for the vape that I'm looking for. So now I have the Arctic tank by HorizonTech, and still have the Smok Ego Cloud+ or whatever came in the kit. I find the clouds bigger with my new tank (I've had for about a month or so now) but I think it's time to bring out it's real potential. I have a package of 5 BTDC 0.5 ohm coils for it, and am currently using the 0.5 ohm spare coil the tank comes with. So I'll be on 0.5 for a good amount of time yet. However, the mod that i was hoping to buy in the next couple days, says minimum of 0.2 ohms in the description. Here's the link: http://902vapes.com/collections/hardware/products/innokin-disruptor

So basically what I'm asking is, will this mod work with my tank and coils? Would it be worth the money? I will be buying the mod from this store, so if you have time and could find something in what seems to be their small collection of different mods, I'd really like to know which one would be my best bet for what the kids these days call "ripping the fattest vape"

Thanks in advance!

Greeting Chinis.  Welcome to VT and congrats on getting off the analogs.

To answer the first of your questions, yes, that mod will work with the Arctic tank and .5 ohm coils.  The minimum 0.2 ohms you see simply means that is the lowest that mod can fire.  There are some tanks out there that use coils that are less than .2 ohms (for example the TFV8 has .15 ohm coils).  

Would it be worth the money is a much more difficult question to answer because so much about vaping is subjective and is really dependent upon each individual person's vaping style and preferences.  The best answer would be to answer your question with a question: Is it worth it to you?  I haven't used it, but I haven't heard anything negative about the mod.  For the price, unless you have your heart set on purchasing from that specific B&M or there is another reason you can't wait for a few days, you can get it online with an extra battery AND shipping for less money.  Extra batteries are never a bad thing.

To answer that second question purely from my point of view no, it wouldn't be worth it.  Even when I was a brand new vaper, as soon as I wanted to graduate from my starter kit to something more advanced, I wanted to go with something that provided me with what I wanted immediately, but also left me with room to grow even if I never ended up vaping at more than 20 available watts.  I wanted the option there.

I would also steer clear because of the proprietary battery.  Granted, it is replaceable (unlike many mods with built in batteries) and you can buy extra batteries all day long, but at $23 Canadian per battery, I would rather go with something that uses one or two (or even three) 18650 batteries and offers room to grow.  Again, that is me.  There are plenty of people who never vape higher than 20 watts let alone 50 watts and there are people who are perfectly content with having mods that allow them to plug in a micro USB cable and charge it.  They don't want to have to fidget with external batteries, battery chargers, ensuring batteries stay together, etc. and that is 100% perfectly acceptable.  That's one of the many beautiful things about vaping (aside from providing many of us an alternative way to get our nicotine that doesn't involve combustible tobacco, questionable medication, gum that causes heartburn, lozenges that taste bad or patches that irritate skin).  There is virtually an endless number of options available to suit every vaper's personal taste.

I agree with Adversarious, the disruptor won't give you much to grow, only 2000mAh battery won't give much battery life, no TC which you might not need but I found with chain vaping it helps to keep the tank cool, and longer coil life. For the price I don't think the disruptor is a good buy, when there are better mods at a cheaper price. My last purchase was a Kanger 160w TC Kbox from the VT store, $39.99 with free shipping, add a couple of 18650 batteries and you have a mod that will last a couple of days on a charge, for around $55 - $60.

Hmm.. I still feel compelled to do the stupid thing and go buy that, buuut I know I'll thank myself if I order online. I just don't like waiting, lol. So, I think I will get the Kbox you mentioned, or at least something like that. So just to be clear, when I order a mod off this website, it does NOT include batteries? So I just add two 18650's to my cart as well?

Yep you sure do have to order batteries as well, unless the batteries are built in. I was just using the Kanger 160w as an example, the VT store is currently sold out of them (I got the last one). I ordered it Saturday, and got it Tuesday, so the wait isn't very long. Don't know how the shipping to Canada is though, that would be a question for Chris.

I would recommend the LG HG2 if you need a good 18650 battery. I have heard good things about the eleaf ipower 80w TC, it has a 5000mAh built in battery, more than twice that of the disruptor.

I was a little late it looks like.

Apparently shipping to Canada is spendy, but good choice. 

Edited by FXRich

Not late, I still haven't bought anything, I ended up looking through all the mods again Because I don't need something so powerful :P I assume this is all USD so I'm actually hoping to get something for $100 CAD or lower

You can get a 75w single battery mod for cheaper, but don't know your vaping habits. The reason I like the mods that use the 18650 battery is you can keep a spare battery charged and just switch batteries instead of waiting for a charge.

I  am mostly able to keep my vape plugged in, and the 5000 mAh should hold me over long enough from when it's unplugged until I plug it in again. So I think I may go with the iPower, just watching some reviews of it now. I will post here again when I decide on a final purchase

Alright, this is what I've decided on. Thanks again for your help! I learned a lot more about vaping and mods today than I have in the last few months that I have been vaping. Just thought I'd throw in a little juice and drip tip while i was at it :P

eleaf ipower mang.png

The Whitney group really are who they say they are and the Vapor Talk store is extremely safe. @Christopher, our very own Godfather of the Vapor Talk forum is the one who keeps us and the store safe. Just so you know, although I'm an admin here, I don't have anything to do with the store part. Because of Chris being paranoid about safety and ensuring great customer service and quality products, the Vapor Talk store has my business. If they didn't, I'd be shopping anywhere else.

That said, I'm a proud new owner of the iPower 80W. Got it in the mail fully charged on Saturday, August 20th. Been chain vaping this thing exclusively since then and only today (August 25), did it get low enough that I put it on the charger. I don't discharge my batteries all the way but it was pretty close. So far I'm really liking this one.  :)

5 minutes ago, Tam said:

The Whitney group really are who they say they are and the Vapor Talk store is extremely safe.  @Christopher, our very own Godfather of the Vapor Talk forum is the one who keeps us and the store safe. Just so you know, although I'm an admin here, I don't have anything to do with the store part. Because of Chris being paranoid about safety and ensuring great customer service and quality products, the Vapor Talk store has my business. If they didn't, I'd be shopping anywhere else.

That said, I'm a proud new owner of the iPower 80W. Got it in the mail fully charged on Saturday, August 20th. Been chain vaping this thing exclusively since then and only today (August 25), did it get low enough that I put it on the charger. I don't discharge my batteries all the way but it was pretty close. So far I'm really liking this one.  :)

I'll second what @Tamsaid and I'll also agree Microsoft is being paranoid.  

Also, I apologize in advance, but with Tam saying the The Whitney group really are who they say that are...well...you get the idea. :D

13 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I'll second what @Tamsaid and I'll also agree Microsoft is being paranoid.  

Also, I apologize in advance, but with Tam saying the The Whitney group really are who they say that are...well...you get the idea. :D

LOL  :lol:  

6 hours ago, Chinis said:

Would this be something to worry about or is it just Microsoft being overprotective?

fraud maybe.png

II hate when Gmail/Outlook does this. Allow me explain what happens when you receive a notification like that. 

Merchant (A merchant/processor is the person who handles your CC data) Has Email Server > Merchant Sends Email receipt > Customer has a question and replies. Merchant goes "we're not the seller we're just the merchant. We will forward this email for you" 

Merchant hates this, because it costs them time and money. Merchant has a neat idea

Merchant has email server > Merchant sends email receipt but changes the reply address to whitneygrp@gmail.com instead of their own, so they don't have to deal with the replys > Customer receives email and has question > reply now comes to us. 

What's happening is the security system goes "wait a minute, Whitney Group didn't send this, a merchant company did! ...must be fraud. In actuality, the system is just being a little sensitive. While this masking technique is really useful for businesses, it's also used to send spoof emails. So rather than using the system for a legitimate purpose a fraudster or black hat will attempt to do the same thing the merchant company did, but instead, uses their own email server to trick you. In our case, it's a legitimate email and nothing to worry about. (But great that you asked!) 

At any rate, you probably received two receipts, one from our merchant and another from the store. It's redundant and I'll turn of the secondary email after speaking with our merchant provider :)

Well almighty father Chris, this is an awesome website, it only took one day for my order to ship, there's an excellent selection of juices which I will be looking through again soon, and whether it comes within these next 4-6 days or even 2 weeks, this is a 5/5 service. I was just looking for help, and honestly I didn't realize this website was a store as well :P but the community wasted no time in being welcoming and very helpful. It's nice to see what may have started as a simple nicotine alternative has grown into such an active friendly community! I mean, I've never heard of any website for people to nerd out over their different brands of cigarettes...

13 hours ago, Chinis said:

Well almighty father Chris, this is an awesome website, it only took one day for my order to ship, there's an excellent selection of juices which I will be looking through again soon, and whether it comes within these next 4-6 days or even 2 weeks, this is a 5/5 service. I was just looking for help, and honestly I didn't realize this website was a store as well :P but the community wasted no time in being welcoming and very helpful. It's nice to see what may have started as a simple nicotine alternative has grown into such an active friendly community! I mean, I've never heard of any website for people to nerd out over their different brands of cigarettes...

And the more you participate, the more you learn. Then, when you see a new vaper post a question and you realize, "Hey! I can answer this and help him/her.... " that's what makes this forum so wonderful but the people in it more so.  :D 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chinis said:

I think I jinxed myself when I said I don't care if it takes 2 weeks lol :(
Really hoping it comes in the next day or two 

What happened? Did your current mod stop working?

Around here we stress getting lots of back ups of everything. And back ups of back ups. And back ups of those. Seriously, you can never have too many. You'll be glad you did when something goes sideways with three (or more) batteries and/or tanks, coils, etc. Most of us on here have had it happen, but many of us had enough spares to get us through.  :)  

8 hours ago, Chinis said:

I think I jinxed myself when I said I don't care if it takes 2 weeks lol :(
Really hoping it comes in the next day or two 

Woah so your order is taking much longer than it should have to arrive. If it doesn't arrive by Friday let me know and we'll look into reshipping your order. 

USPS pass over to Canada generally works well most of the time... however there are a few instances like this were it really lags for whatever reason. We were talking about this the other day actually and we might look at implementing FedEx as an option for our vapers up north. I know this doesn't help at the moment, but keep me updated and we'll make sure you're taken care of. 

In my experience, Canadian post sometimes takes exception to the weirdest stuff and holds it for awhile. I've sent stuff to friends who live in Ottawa and had the post office there hold it for over a week. You would think that custom miniature paint brushes wouldn't raise any red flags but...  :(