Eden's Empire - Vapor Talk Black Label

Adversarious1

It has been a long time since I wrote a review on an e-liquid.  This is largely in part because I was absent from the forum for so long, but it’s also because I have started to mix a lot of my own.

This review is on Eden’s Empire, from Vapor Talk’s Black Label line.  I will say ahead of time that this was sort of a bonus from Vapor Talk courtesy of @Christopher, but the fact I’m writing a review has nothing to do with that.  I’m writing the review because I want to.  I don’t write reviews on every e-liquid I have vaped because a lot of the store bought liquids I vape are house blends and aren’t available online.  This one is available and it deserves a review. 

As always, these are my opinions only.  Each person has their own preferences and their own tastes.  What I like and what works for me won’t necessarily be liked or work for the next guy or gal.  That being said, I’m not telling you to run right out and buy a bottle for yourself, I am merely giving you a review in order to help you make the decision for yourself on whether or not you would like to try it.

As I mentioned, I have started mixing a lot of my own.  Probably 90% if what I vape is mixed by me.  I really don’t pay attention to new lines or flavors that have been released.  In fact, I really don’t even look at liquids when I peruse vape supply websites.  I don’t need to.  But when the opportunity to get my hands on a bottle of Eden’s Empire arose, I jumped at the chance.  I’m glad I did, because Vapor Talk has done a fine job with this one.

The details – Eden’s Empire is a blend of wild strawberries and whipped cream.  It is available in zero, 3mg, 6mg and 12mg nicotine and comes in 30ml glass bottles with droppers and child safety caps.  It is a 65VG/35PG blend and for me, that particular PG/VG blend in combination with the flavor is one that I decided I would place into my “flavor zone”.   In other words, I wanted the flavor to be the start of the show and I was less concerned with blowing big clouds with this particular liquid.

The testing – I have a very specific method I use if I’m going to be reviewing a liquid.  I take my reviews seriously because I know very well that someone may decide to purchase a liquid I have reviewed based purely on what I have written.  Reading a review obviously isn’t the same as sitting in your local vape shop and sampling a liquid to see if you like it.  As a result I keep my testing methods the same no matter the liquid in order to paint a picture and inform the reader of exactly what was going on from a technical standpoint while I was conducting my testing/review.

In order to have consistency between all of my liquid testing, I use similar setups with each liquid.  I always use a mech mod with a freshly charged Samsung 25R and I always use an RDA.  Though the specific mech and/or RDA may change from liquid to liquid, I always clean the RDA and build fresh coils that measure out to approximately .5 ohms.  For this liquid, I used my Arthas mech mod and a Twisted Messes V1 RDA.  The coils were basic kanthal A1, 8 wraps around a 2.5mm jig.  This clocked in at .49 ohms on my ohm meter.  They were wicked with Cotton Bacon.

The Experience – I’m usually very picky about my “dessert vapes”.  I have a few that I like, and I generally like to have an adult beverage with them.  I am usually hesitant to try anything with cream in it, be it sweet cream, Bavarian cream or, as with this one, whipped cream.  I have only come across a couple liquids with cream flavors that I actually enjoy.  They usually aren’t my thing.  I’m more of a rich, decadent, chocolate brownie type of dessert vape guy.

This one can be added to the very short list of liquids with cream flavors I actually enjoy.

This vape was extremely pleasing to my palate.  As I took my first draw, I immediately had the taste of strawberries dancing across my tongue.  As I inhaled and the vapor moved across the back my tongue, the whipped cream seemed to take over, but not in an overbearing way.  The exhale simply reversed the order of the flavors I tasted; whipped cream at the back of the tongue, strawberries at the front as the vapor escaped my mouth.  Interestingly, the whipped cream was the prominent flavor I noticed with the aftertaste.  The aftertaste also left me wanting more. 

Another drag, another exhale.  I waited a moment after the second drag so I could really analyze the aftertaste.  While the exhale did indeed present the flavors in reverse order of the inhale, for me the whipped cream is the dominant flavor left on my tongue after the exhale is complete.  It’s almost, but not quite, reminiscent of strawberry shortcake or a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream.  The strawberries are definitely there.  The whipped cream is definitely there.  But I did detect a little something more.  Maybe it was all in my mind.  Maybe I was trying tricking myself into thinking it tasted like strawberry shortcake.  Maybe I need to make a run to the grocery store to pick up some strawberries, whipped cream and some shortcake.  I’m making myself hungry.

Now, seeing as how I like to pair my vapes with adult beverages, I was stumped.  I’m generally a bourbon kind of guy.  Bourbon probably isn’t the best alcohol to pair with strawberries and cream (or at least the cream).  Fortunately I have a wife who works for BevMo (a large liquor store chain in the western United States) and I have a lot of options around the house.  Digging into the liquor cabinet and the Bevridgerator in my mancave, I was able to come up with a concoction that really enhanced both the strawberries and the whipped cream.  I made a strawberry vodka margarita with whipped cream infused vodka.  This pairing worked wonderfully together and it was definitely a refreshing combination in the blistering Southern California heat we are currently experiencing.

If there was one drawback for me to this liquid, it was the PG/VG ratio.  Most of my liquid ratios are in even “10’s” amounts (i.e. 50/50, 40/60, 30/70, etc.).  It’s a personal preference.  The ratio usually plays a factor in what tank I’m going to use or how low I’m going to build my coils if I’m dripping.  My normal cutoff for going with a higher or lower ohm coil setup is at 40/60 PG/VG.  The 35/65 ratio had me questioning which direction I wanted to go.  I think I would have preferred a 40/60 or even a 50/50 PG/VG ratio just to kick the flavor up a small notch, but the 35/65 ratio works with this liquid.  As it turns out, I can go either direction successfully.

My score – 9 (out of 10).  While I wouldn’t elevate this to “All Day Vape” level, this easily rises to the “go to” level if I’m relaxing in the mancave after dinner.  All in all this was a very good vape experience that didn’t assault my taste buds.  Neither flavor canceled out the other.  They are nicely balanced and complement each other very well.  I would recommend this to anybody who likes strawberries and whipped cream or strawberry shortcake.  Nice cloud production can be achieved if clouds are what you are into, but for me this was all about the flavor, not the clouds.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines