NEED A MOD

GUNNY 68

14 minutes ago, GUNNY 68 said:

I AM A VAPER,.....BUT I NEED A NEW MOD,.I WANT CLOUDS!!.......CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ......THANKS..

Welcome to Vapor Talk Gunny.  A lot of us around here will be happy to help with recommendations.  I have a few questions, though, so we can point you in the right direction.  First, what type of setup do you have now?  Are you looking for a mech mod or a regulated mod?  Are you looking for an RDA or a tank with a rebuildable base?  Are you interested in temp control or do you want something that is more along the lines of "set it and forget it"?  Last, and most important, are you trying to stay within a budget?

I know that's a lot of questions, but the answers will help us keep the recommendations narrowed down to things that will possibly work for you rather than making recommendations that are all over the spectrum.

And Semper Fi, Marine!

Another question I would ask is, "How long have you been vaping?" so we get an idea of your experience level. Do you vape mouth to lung (draw vapor into your mouth first before inhaling) or direct to lung (just draw in vapor directly into your lungs)? This will make a difference in what kinds of tanks/RBA/RDA that are recommended.

A mod is generally the device that houses the battery (either one that has removable battery/batteries or those that have internal non-removable batteries). The tank and coil combination along with the PG/VG ratio are what produce the clouds you're looking for. Also, in producing said clouds, are you willing to sacrifice flavor for that or do you want more flavor?

Just a few more questions so we can better help you in your search. Semper Fi, thank you for your service, and welcome to Vapor Talk.  :)

I AM A VAPER,.....BUT I NEED A NEW MOD,.I WANT CLOUDS!!.......CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ......THANKS..

Hi Gunny
I'm also a USMC vet!
You want clouds?5c6e571f1bc7753292ad5093df3d7269.jpg May I suggest the Reuleaux RX200s ora6b1e234e176c84fc52c9dea504c3dad.jpg the 300w Koopor Primus..either with the Smok Cloud Beast tank..0ab0a81ea581d864af104003e0e99b7c.jpg cloud is typical at 125w..however the V8-T6 coil I'm using is rated up to 260w, although haven't vaped it quite that high yet! Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, smacksy said:

Thanks Edna! emoji4.png

All Service Personnel Have my heartfelt thanks.

I'm an  Airborne Brat and wanted to serve myself but in 1978 they wouldn't let me become a Marine Medic so I became a Paramedic in California instead. Nowadays I could scream gender discrimination but not back then... LOL  boy has the world changed. I just was one of the few who paved the way.

All Service Personnel Have my heartfelt thanks.

I'm an  Airborne Brat and wanted to serve myself but in 1978 they wouldn't let me become a Marine Medic so I became a Paramedic in California instead. Nowadays I could scream gender discrimination but not back then... LOL  boy has the world changed. I just was one of the few who paved the way.

Growing up here in San Diego me and a friend joined the Marines on the buddy system right out of high school in 1972...I was stationed at Pendleton and assigned to the motor pool as a truck driver..my buddy went on to be a court reporter stationed in the Philippines, lol

Anyway, only did 4 yrs and it was a good period in my life...thx for the reply

11 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

Welcome to Vapor Talk Gunny.  A lot of us around here will be happy to help with recommendations.  I have a few questions, though, so we can point you in the right direction.  First, what type of setup do you have now?  Are you looking for a mech mod or a regulated mod?  Are you looking for an RDA or a tank with a rebuildable base?  Are you interested in temp control or do you want something that is more along the lines of "set it and forget it"?  Last, and most important, are you trying to stay within a budget?

I know that's a lot of questions, but the answers will help us keep the recommendations narrowed down to things that will possibly work for you rather than making recommendations that are all over the spectrum.

And Semper Fi, Marine!

Thank You,.......Marine,.......My friend just bought a 120w...... And it will go for 3 days!!!.......I'm looking for same.......Thanks for your help............

6 hours ago, smacksy said:

Growing up here in San Diego me and a friend joined the Marines on the buddy system right out of high school in 1972...I was stationed at Pendleton and assigned to the motor pool as a truck driver..my buddy went on to be a court reporter stationed in the Philippines, lol

Anyway, only did 4 yrs and it was a good period in my life...thx for the reply

Semper Fi...........

6 hours ago, Edna said:

@smacksy Thank you for your Service as well :) 

Thank You,Back..........

7 hours ago, Edna said:

Welcome and thank you for your Service!

Thank You..........

Hi Gunny

I'm also a USMC vet!

You want clouds?5c6e571f1bc7753292ad5093df3d7269.jpg May I suggest the Reuleaux RX200s ora6b1e234e176c84fc52c9dea504c3dad.jpg the 300w Koopor Primus..either with the Smok Cloud Beast tank..0ab0a81ea581d864af104003e0e99b7c.jpg cloud is typical at 125w..however the V8-T6 coil I'm using is rated up to 260w, although haven't vaped it quite that high yet! Lol

Love my tfv8!! Got it on a kanger box 160 but getting a rx200 in a few weeks? How long does your batterys last vaping at 130watts and fairly heavy vaping?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Love my tfv8!! Got it on a kanger Knox 160 but getting a rx200 in a few weeks? How long does your batterys last vaping at 130watts and fairly heavy vaping?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

I get about 2 full days batt life on either mod vaping fairly heavy at 125w...really like the big screen on the RX200s..

On 8/20/2016 at 0:39 PM, Adversarious1 said:

And Semper Fi, Marine!

I"m looking at a Amodus battery holder 120w,....and a Kanger Tank  mini........What do you guys think??????????.Thanks......

Asmodus makes a couple different models.  It would help if you could tell us the model and also the tank. 

If if you've tried your friend's mod and like it AND you trust the supplier on eBay then go for it.  Did your friend get his on eBay from the same supplier?

@GUNNY 68

Be careful buying on ebay, I've heard a lot of horror stories about bad things happening and people not getting exactly what they think they are. I know a lot of times the price looks good but often times you don't get exactly what you want and have little recourse. I'd ask your friend where he got his and follow the same path. At the minimum make sure it's a USA established seller.

Good luck

Well. It would be smart to be wary of eBay suppliers.  They have been known to cause a considerable amount of grief with consumers with counterfeit mods and tanks that are loaded with problems. Just a caution as we see so many complaints from those who have used eBay as a source of products. Not all, of course, but a significant number.

Welcome Gunny!

I think you'd be best served with a Wismec RX200S.  Yes, it uses replaceable/rechargeable batteries, but you have major advantages by using them... first, you don't have to wait for it to recharge (meaning you can't vape while it's charging)... second, you have the advantage of using high-end batteries (like LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q - both 20A, 3000mAh - LG HE2 are also good 20A batteries, but lower capacity at 2500mAh), which will keep you vaping for a couple days on a set of batteries... thirdly... if the Li-po pack of a built-in-battery mod goes bad... the mod is useless... with replaceable batteries, you just buy new ones if they go bad :)  One thing to remember when using multi-battery mods... LABEL the batteries (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, etc) so you can keep them "married" as groups, and furthermore, change the position of the batteries each time you change a set... so the same battery is not always in the same position in the mod.  They'll last MUCH longer that way.  You'll also need a good charger... I suggest a NiteCore or Lucfest, four-bay minimum, and a 6-bay preferably.  Get two when you can, so you can charge multiple batteries at once, so you'll always have batteries ready!

As for tanks... there are dozens of good ones.  You mentioned the Kanger Mini... so I'll assume Kanger Subtank Mini?  It's a great tank (I have many of them, and love them), but not really a "cloud beast" tank, but do produce satisfying vapor even when using 50/50 mix juices.  Something more like the TF-V8, or even the TF-V4 would better suit you, if you just want clouds?  If you are okay with building coils, the sky's the limit so to speak, when it comes to tanks, rebuildables, hybrid, etc., and you can get exactly what YOU want out of it that way!

On 8/20/2016 at 3:40 PM, smacksy said:

Hi Gunny
I'm also a USMC vet!

I took your advice,.....I bought the RX 200S,.. and The TFV8, Smok,......I was told that  I will have to run it on 120W???..........I would like something  that I still can get a good cloud,.....But at less watts???..What do you think???.......Thanks......