New ruling against FDA (Don't get too excited)

Adversarious1

The Winston-Salem Journal ran this story this morning about a Federal Judge ruling that making label changes does not make a new product and therefore does not require a review by the FDA.

In short, the case was filed by Big T because the FDA was trying to assert it's authority over label changes even when nothing about the actual tobacco product was changing.  The judge found in favor of the tobacco companies, however in the same ruling the same judge found that changing the volume DOES trigger the review process.

So while this ruling was primarily about Big Tobacco, the ruling now extends to products now defined by the FDA as tobacco products (i.e. e-liquid).  I can see it as a small victory in that a liquid manufacturer can change the label at will, however if they have a certain formula for a certain juice that they offer in 15ml and 30ml and they suddenly start offering a 120ml, that will likely have the FDA breathing down their backs.

Nice find, I was looking over this earlier this morning. While a small win, a win nevertheless. 

I can't take the credit for finding it. I saw it shares with one of the advocacy groups I follow on Facebook. Still wanted to share it here, though.

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

A win is a win no matter how small... Thanks for the info!  [emoji4] 

I've spent my afternoon scouring around looking for other stories as well. I'm taking notes and will post more links tomorrow. For now...I have vape mail that I need to pay attention to [emoji4]

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk