Understanding the FDA August 8th, 2016 Regulations

There is very little rhyme or reason. This is political and finacially motivated.  It's that simple.

P.S.  i just saw an ad on TV for the "Logic Pro" e-cig.  So Logic must be in for the haul.  This is probably a good example of how it goes from here and a forecast of what's to come.  The Logic Pro is basically an evod Ego set up with a "cartridge" which houses an atomizer and a few mils of liquid.  Not refillable. Cartridges are sold in 5-packs for $10 and they only do a tobacco and a menthol.  All proprietary.  This is how they will survive the regs with minimal millions spent on approval.  They must have submitted their applications.

This is probably the model for what this industry will become.

17 minutes ago, Bebop said:

There is very little rhyme or reason. This is political and finacially motivated.  It's that simple.

P.S.  i just saw an ad on TV for the "Logic Pro" e-cig.  So Logic must be in for the haul.  This is probably a good example of how it goes from here and a forecast of what's to come.  The Logic Pro is basically an evod Ego set up with a "cartridge" which houses an atomizer and a few mils of liquid.  Not refillable. Cartridges are sold in 5-packs for $10 and they only do a tobacco and a menthol.  All proprietary.  This is how they will survive the regs with minimal millions spent on approval.  They must have submitted their applications.

This is probably the model for what this industry will become.

Those non-refillable (throw-away) atomizers pre-date the 2007 cut-off... they're basically the same as the old 808 cartomizers (the disposables used by BLU/VUSE/etc.) in form and function, so I doubt they had any need to file PMTA's for anything they're selling.

On a side-note, I'm sure the tobacco and menthol flavors are 90/10 PG/VG and taste like dirt-filled wet-socks, lol...

"Proprietary" mixes are probably blended or approved by one of the tobacco companies?  And if you think about it, they WANT all e-liquids to taste bad and produce little vapor (and cost a fortune, and work poorly)... if they fail to keep you off analogs, you'll be running back to RJ Reynolds (or any of the Big players) as fast as you can, with open wallet...

In other words... you nailed it... it is political and financially motivated... in favor of the Big Tobacco Lobby and Big Pharma Lobby.  Since e-cigs evolved to what they are today... Big Pharma's sales of Chantix, patches, gums, and those little nicotine-puffers have been tanking HARD.