Is it safe to vape after root canal treatment?

jelitz21

How long after root canal treatment can one vape? I have abscessed teeth and it is really bothering me. I'm not able to eat or sleep properly. So I consulted Dr. List Wat from a dental care centre in Toronto and she told I need to undergo root canal treatment asap. I quit smoking a year ago and have started vaping since then. I just didn't bother to ask my dentist if I can vape or not. I know we are not supposed to smoke after any dental work. Is is the same with vaping? I think it will be difficult for me not to vape for a single day.  

I'm not a dentist (nor do I play on on TV), but as with Tam, I was able to vape after some recent dental work.  Now if you were having an extraction, such as a wisdom tooth, that would be a different story.  In the case of an extraction you would have sutures and the point of not smoking, vaping, drinking through straws, snorkeling, breathing or anything of that nature through your mouth is to prevent dry socket.  

That being said, it might be a good idea to consult your dentist, even though your dentist is likely to advise against vaping after a root canal.

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

Vape thru your nose.

Don't laugh. :D

I wouldn't recommend it at 80W haha but it's not as crazy as it sounds...

Just be sure to clean the booggers off before putting in your mouth, or use a different drip tip.

Edited by FXRich

• 2 years later...

I just had a root canal treatment 1 day before... i had a starting infection so the dentist opens up my filling and removed all the wicked stuff. Then she set a permanent filling back onto it..So instant appointment. Can i smoke yet? She said if i actually have to it can’t be really bad and of course clean and use mouthwash after.

• 2 years later...