Battery charging

It is best to let it cool.  I like mine to sit at least 30 minutes.  Heat is the biggest enemy to your batteries.  If I only had one mod, I would buy 3  sets of batteries.  I would keep one set charging(not unattended), one ready, and one in the mod.

Interesting.....my batteries are cool (or room temp) off the charger....

What does it mean if the batteries are coming off the charger warm? 

I do tend to let my batteries rest a few minutes before I put them on the charger.  But it seems to me the batteries only heat up under load and in use???

My batteries are always cool during and after charging as well. What battery charger are you using, Bebop? I'm still using the Nitecore i4 intellicharger.

Edited by Tam
Damned fingers don't know how to form a simple sentence. lol

Since you are using a Kanger 160w, it is important to keep the batteries married, I also use a Kanger 160w mod, but I don't charge the batteries with a external charger, when I got it I put 2 new LG HG2 batteries in it, and charge them in the mod. You may not have other mods to use while charging, so using a external charger is probably the way to go for you. I do remove the battery cover while charging to keep the batteries cool.

OK guys I was told it was better to use an external charger rather than charge them in the mod by my vocal vape shop. And yeah o do have another little innokin cool fire 4 I use while they charge.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

***local

4 hours ago, Bebop said:

Interesting.....my batteries are cool (or room temp) off the charger....

What does it mean if the batteries are coming off the charger warm? 

I do tend to let my batteries rest a few minutes before I put them on the charger.  But it seems to me the batteries only heat up under load and in use???

@Bebop, for the life of me I can not find the article that I read about that.  It was not only talking about the heat, but the chemical reaction that takes place when charging.  I doubt it makes much difference, as we use our laptops, phones, etc right after charging.

My batteries to tend to get warm when charging, but I normally charge at 1A.  It is a habit I have been in lately.  I can charge 10 at a time, but my Nitecore only charges a .375ma with 4 batteries, and my Efest at .500ma with 6 it takes so long!  I have been the Efest with 4 batteries only at 1A to save time.

It depends on the mod mostly, mods with built in batteries have basically the same batteries as the mods with replaceable batteries only they are soldered in, with my single battery mods I use a external charger and replace the battery when it gets low, my dual battery mods I charge in the mod. I guess its a matter of personal preference. The only mod I can think of that batteries should be charged outside the mod is the RX 200, because people have had problems with the batteries charging unevenly due to the battery configuration. Charging with a external charger makes it easier to just switch batteries instead of waiting for the battery to charge, Just my opinion.

I charge all of my batteries in an external charger...   They charge faster, and I don't trust them inside a MOD to charge... I mean if something catastrophic happens to the battery, then the MOD would be destroyed, and I paid a whole lot less for my NiteCore chargers than I did for the MODs :)

My SO has charged her battery in the MOD many times without instance, but before she met me, she only had one battery for her Sigelei 50W (at least it was a good Samsung 25R).  Now, I have her using Cloupor, Kanger, and Wismec Presa mods along with her Sigelei, and she rotates through the half-dozen batteries I gave her, charging them only in the Nitecore charger... unless of course, she has no choice but to charge in the MOD while out-and-about or at work, without a spare battery.

I charge all of my batteries in an external charger...   They charge faster, and I don't trust them inside a MOD to charge... I mean if something catastrophic happens to the battery, then the MOD would be destroyed, and I paid a whole lot less for my NiteCore chargers than I did for the MODs [emoji4]

My SO has charged her battery in the MOD many times without instance, but before she met me, she only had one battery for her Sigelei 50W (at least it was a good Samsung 25R).  Now, I have her using Cloupor, Kanger, and Wismec Presa mods along with her Sigelei, and she rotates through the half-dozen batteries I gave her, charging them only in the Nitecore charger... unless of course, she has no choice but to charge in the MOD while out-and-about or at work, without a spare battery.

I went with a nitecore charger in the end and it works lovely. Takes about 4 And a half hours to charge my two batterys for my kanger

3 minutes ago, bearleaper said:

I went with a nitecore charger in the end and it works lovely. Takes about 4 And a half hours to charge my two batterys for my kanger

You might want to invest in at least 4 more batteries.  It's always good to have back-ups and back-ups for your back-ups.  You never know when one of your batteries will simply decide to stop taking a charge (happened to me recently) or when you will suddenly find yourself away from having the ability to charge for an extended period of time.  Having the extras will allow you to carry a couple of extra fully charged batteries with you (in a battery case, of course) for those "just in case" moments.

@Adversarious1 is correct... spares are a must-have! 

I run roughly two dozen batteries in rotation (between my GF and me), and have had two relatively new Samsung refuse to charge within a month of each other.  If I only had two or three batteries, I would have been hurting...

Having spares for extended times away from a charger (or power outlet) ARE really good to have.  On an extended fishing trip recently, I carried three mods, three tanks, spare coils and 10 batteries (just in case).  I ended up exhausting six of the batteries (almost exhausted #7 before getting home) and ended up getting one of the mods wet (from rain), so having spares was a good idea!