I Dont Want To Give Up Yet!

TheLostFayth

Well, Ive had my blu cig for two days now. Im not impressed. I like the concept of vaping, the obvious benifits and whatnot of it, plus its a conversation starter =P

Anyway, the only plus to my blu is the pack. The fact that I can carry everything I need for the day in the pack, AND it can charge my batterys is great. But thats where it stops pleasing me. I get ABSOLUTELY NO flavor from the carts. Granted, Im not filling my own, but I thought that I would at least get SOME flavor. They all taste the same too me, just a weird flavor. The amount of vapor produced is inconsistent, as well as how long it will stay activated when I drag it. Im also getting no throat kick. I usually dont know that I even inhaled any vapor untill I see it when I exhale.

So I digress... Now Im looking into getting another one, because I really, really, really do NOT want to smoke regular cigarettes anymore. I hate smelling like that, all the tar, all the health problems...ehhh...I thought that would all be solved with my blu... I was wrong. So this time, I want to do it right. I would like suggestions as to what new e cig I should get (Im thinking from all my endless research the 501) and WHERE I should get it from. Thanks so much in advance.

Welcome to VT - you've come to the right place. First - hang in there, it will get better! You're research is correct, most of us here are using the 510, but there are others that are good also. I've been using a 510 for about a month and love it. I had some issues in the beginning, but the folk here helped me out tremendously and I'm loving it. There's a supplier section of this forum that lists some suppliers. I would check that out... Suppliers

There are others and I'm sure you'll hear them mentioned also. I started with the 510, and quickly ended up buying two battery mods for it... the spade and the VP2. The mods will give you much longer battery life between charges. Have a look at some of the suppliers and equipment and feel free to ask any questions. We're here to help! In the meantime, there are several members here who started with the Blu and may be able to give you some tips for getting better results from it. I'm sure they'll be along soon. Again, welcome to the forum... jump right in and have fun.

Here's some more suppliers:

Suppliers

Edited by Brian

I could not taste the liquids that were supposed to taste like Mboros ,Kamels and the like ,I ended up just going for the coffees and frooty ones ,I really like them and look forward to them .The grape is awesome.Then as time wore on my taste buds started waking up and now I kinda like the RY4 and the B&H is pretty good.Still don't taste like an analog but I gave them up anyway.There are some site where you can get the flavoring to boost the flavor ,I have used some of that but it is kinda a pain.Some people like mixing and experimenting .There is soething for every one in vaping.The Blu cigg. did not look like something I would recomend I usually recomend the 510 as there are more options available.Hang in there.

Welcome. Yes, I too got the blues from my Blu. It was my first vape and like you, it let me down in a BIG way. It was a tease and like you, I thought, well the concept is right and it works in theory so..... I took everyones advice and got the 510. I havent looked back. Now, I ordered the Blu because I wanted one that LOOKED like a real cig (analog). But after the Blu, I decided to go for production rather than looks. I still have my Blu JUST IN CASE something happens to my 510. ( In 4 months its STILL goin strong). But I highly recommend you start with the 510. There are MANY suppliers here in the supplier section. Arno @ awesomevapor.com comes HIGHLY reccommended by many members, and hes where I purchased my 510. Arno is great at answering any questions you might have as well. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. DONT hesitate to ask any questions you might have, thats why we;re here ! :thumbsup:

I just dont want to go back to regular cigs. nobody really likes them. Ive tried so many times to quit, and even though I have been let down by my blu, I have not even thought of smoking an analog (well, untill now that is). vaping just seems great. I can still "smoke", but I dont feel horrible about myself, I dont smell or have yellow teeth. Ehhh... I just hope that I have not been shown so great only to have it taken away from me.

Welcome to the forums, you'll find an abundant amount of information on what your looking for. Check out the video reviews, Chris' Youtube videos. Blu's is what I was researching on when initally wanted to switch to vaping, but later on I found out it to be unreliable. Especially from testimonies from other members here on the forums.

There are different units out there, 801, 901 and 510 atomizers with they're supported batteries, but for a better experience you might want in on a more advanced mods likes, Vaprlife battery mods (VP1, VP2, VP-PT, Spade) which produce good vapor and flavor. Just one of many mod manufactures.

As to where to get them, you can check the supported suppliers forums, there you'll find reviews on the suppliers. So far, I've done business with Vaportalk Store, AwesomeVapor and Vapor Kings. All have supplied me well with refills and replacement parts along with great customer service.

Since your looking into a 510, you might want to look at the Vaportalk store and they're Spade Starter kit (Instead of carts, they supply you with juice bottles for direct dripping into the atomizer - which you might want to research about, it's a more advanced method of vaping.), they use a better battery mod with the 510 atomizer. And you can't go wrong with their customer service - if something unexpected happens. AwesomeVapor and Vapor Kings also carry the 510 regular unit your looking into. But, I will leave that to your own judgment.

Good luck! And hang in there, it'll take a while to get the learning curve, but once you do, you won't go back!

Welcome to the forums. And don't give up on vaping yet!

I started with an ecig that was not reliable, and yet it got me started so I don't consider it a waste. I then moved on to the 901, which was better, but not quite "there" yet. Then I went to the 801. I thought that was the one, until I tried the 510. That was it for me! I love it. I now have a VP2 for the battery life and use it a lot with the 510 atty, but also use the low bridge 801 atty (also know as the 302 atty). I also like that one. I have the 510 passthrough I use at the computer a lot so I don't have to worry about batteries at all. All in all I would recommend the 510 for you. You know you're taking a hit, and you get some great vapor.

As for the flavor, you might not be able to taste that for awhile. I've been vaping since the first of October (and been completely analog free since the 13th of October) and I still can't taste a lot of the juices. I am getting to the point where some of them have a very slight taste, but nothing strong yet. I tried Tasty Vapor's flavors and I can taste all of the ones I've tried so far. They may be a bit stronger than others and that's why I can taste them, but I don't know that for sure yet. I've used several flavors from Wordupecig and the only I can taste so far is the Pumpkin Pie. From what others have said, it takes awhile for your taste buds to kick in. I don't know how long. I think a lot of others have had that happen a lot quicker than I have, but I'm not worried about it. Even if I can't taste a lot of the flavors, I'm okay with that cause I'm smoke free now. If I really need a flavor, I go back to my Tasty Vapors "Atomic Fireball" which tastes like a red hot cinnamon candy. I love that. Otherwise, I'm just happy to be vaping.

I agree with that Awesome Vapor is a good place to get supplies from, also Wordupecig and Art at Vapor Pro. They are all wonderful, have great prices, great ecigs, and the best customer service you could ask for.

Again, don't give up yet. Give something else a try like I did. It really does just get better and better.

Ask any questions. Don't be shy. We've all been where you are and are here to help. And to brag. And to have some fun.

Welcome TheLostFayth, don't give up, you can find what works for you.

I started with a 510, and most of the time that is what I use. However, I'm a geek, and I like fiddly with carts, juice and modifications. It isn't always as convenient to go out and about with, for that I often use a KR808D-1. Its a two piece unit with an atomizer built into every pre-filled or blank cartridge, which are meant to then be disposable. You can fill and refill them, its just more convenient for me when out or driving. I don't have to mess with carts, attys and getting the cart lined up with the atty right or dripping. Just screw the cartomizer on the battery and go.

Their flavors aren't as good as some of the custom juice, but they aren't bad for the convenience. I like the flavors from vapor4life, they seem to have the most variety in cartomizers.

Up to you, 510 is a great model and my usual vape on a VP1 or VP-PT, but for some people who don't like to fiddle, I recommend the other unit.