Should i start?

EUReka

Ok so I am thinking about starting no i am not a smoker but I live and have grew up with smokers I have heard that vaping helped smokers clear up there lungs but I'm course on if the effects are the same but with out hearing why even start I know that's the universal answer but my second question is that if I do what would be a good starting set up in thinking about the 100 to 150 dollar range 

The clearing of lungs is from no longer smoking combustible cigarettes with thousands of carcinogens and tar mucking things up.

You're right. We're going to tell you not to start if you never smoked cigarettes. The reason for that is... although we know vaping is a much safer alternative to smoking, we still don't know what harm vaping will do long term. For people who don't smoke, haven't ever smoked, I will never recommend taking up vaping just for fun. Don't you have better things to spend your money on?  :)  

Well said, Tam!

Vaping for "competition" or "fun" is one of the main reasons vaping is under-fire from the FDA and the court-of-public-opinion... Vaping is an excellent way to get away from smoking cigarettes (or cigars, pipe, etc.), but if you never actively smoked, you should not even consider vaping.  Vaping is not a "cure" for damaged lung tissue, it is merely a (very) effective alternative smoking cessation device to the inferior offerings by the pharmaceutical companies (patches, gums, inhalers, etc.).

• 9 months later...

I'm no fan of telling anyone what to do.  I am a fan of sharing experience.  My informal survey called life has indicated that the vast majority of people are highly susceptible to addiction to nicotine.  I have met a total of two (and I old) that have quit smoking by just walking away from it and never thought twice about it.  The biggest problem I have with vaping is that I have to.  All day I have it with me and it doesn't always taste that great.  It's often inconvenient, and I resent having an addiction that controls me.  Obviously I'm referring to the nicotine content.  

In regard to long term effects of zero nicotine e-juice; I don't know where to start.  First off, nobody knows.  So how do you make a judgement call from that?  Second, what is your habit?  I have seen many substances destroy peoples lives because the substance was consumed too much, too often.  The problem with addiction is that it occurs before the person realizes it.  Often times one experience with a substance can leave a person addicted. 

It ends up being a personal decision.  I do applaud you for researching before jumping in.  I think it prudent to give this decision a lot of thought.