charger blink?

danb

just got an eGo Twist battery to supplement the 2 I got 3yrs ago in a starter pack. when I plug it in to charge, the light on the batt flashes 4-5 times and the light on the charger lights red, same as my origs. but, with this one the red light blinks every 5secs or so. don't want to leave it plugged in if this means something bad. any advice? thx

thanks; what I was hoping. friend told me it blinks til charged, then stays solid (red). left it on for 3hrs - still blinking. just weird that same charger (on other batts) is solid red til charged, then green. will find out if new one is charged when I go to use it again

Edited by danb

It's been a while since I've charged one too, but I just plugged in one of my old back-up eGo batteries and it stayed red until charged, then blinked red/green a few times, before going to solid green, indicating full charge.

If memory serves,  a slow-blinking red means the battery is not making good contact with the charger or the battery is incapable of charging (defective).  Try lifting the center pin of the battery by prying it up, slightly, with a small screwdriver and that may solve your problem.  It could just be the battery is beyond it's life-cycle and won't charge again?

Have you also tried a different charger?

9 hours ago, danb said:

it's a new battery, but I may try a new charger; the one I have is orig (3yrs old), and they're cheap enough. thx

Even with brand new, never been used batteries I've had to lift the center pin to make a solid connection with the charger. Let us know how you fare.  :) 

am going to "assume" it's charging. have used it for 3 tankfuls of juice, charging in between, and don't think even a new, fully charged batt would last that long if it wasn't. thx for all replies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge If memory serves, a slow-blinking red means the battery is not making good contact with the charger or the battery is incapable of charging (defective). Try lifting the center pin of the battery by prying it up, slightly, with a small screwdriver and that may solve your problem.  It could just be the battery is beyond it's life-cycle and won't charge again?