What Are You Vaping Today?

41 minutes ago, Jeffb said:

I just received the new Vapor Talk Black Label line. Black Knight is incredible!

Glad you like it! It's in my top three. My go to at the moment is Adam's Apple (it's my replacement for Sweet Dawn), Black Knight and sometimes Crown Jewels 

I just got mine last night.  I busted in to Adam's Apple first.  Really good!

Tried a taste of Black Knight this morning.  Really really good. 

This is definitely upper tier juice. Thank you!  I think youve got a new customer. Haha.   Looking forward to vaping this stuff up. 😃

40 minutes ago, Bebop said:

I just got mine last night.  I busted in to Adam's Apple first.  Really good!

Tried a taste of Black Knight this morning.  Really really good. 

This is definitely upper tier juice. Thank you!  I think youve got a new customer. Haha.   Looking forward to vaping this stuff up. 😃

Fantastic, I'm glad you like it :) Spread the word and we'll spread the samples. 

And if you ever have any issues in the store, feel free to email me directly c-h-r-i-s@v-a-p-o-rtalk.com (remove the dashes, that's just for the spam bots) 

On 7/13/2016 at 5:28 PM, Christopher said:

It's pretty good! Send me your detail via PM (name, address, email) and I'll ship some out for you to try :)

I'm excited thanks so much!

On 7/9/2016 at 11:44 AM, Earthling789 said:

Funny you should mention Peanut Butter...  I just mixed a fresh batch of creamy peanut butter with a hint of vanilla, and even lighter tones of banana, honey, and graham cracker.  It tastes good as-is, but it will be even better in a day or two!

While that one sits, I'm working on the Smores I made last week.

Then there's my three go-to ADVs:

• Multiple Vanilla blend with Bavarian cream and a hint of Black Cherry and Cuban Cigar spice
  • Chocolate cordial Raspberries
  • Peanut Butter Cup ice cream

Can you post the recipe to the Chocolate Raspberry Cordial please that sounds delicious!

On 7/16/2016 at 7:53 AM, Edna said:

Can you post the recipe to the Chocolate Raspberry Cordial please that sounds delicious!

This is the mixture I like best... using TFA flavorings and my Nicotine is 100mg/ml (10%) in VG.

TFA Milk Chocolate - 10%
TFA Raspberry (ripe) - 10%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream - 3.3%

To make a 30ml bottle of 50/50 PG/VG, at 6mg Nicotine level... mix the following:

1.8ml  Nicotine (100ml/mg in VG)
8.1ml  PG
13.2ml VG
3.0ml  Milk Chocolate
3.0ml  Raspberry
1.0ml  Bavarian Cream

Adjust the Bavarian Cream and Raspberry to taste... I like a bit more Raspberry for the tart berry taste, but for creamier flavor, use 2ml each Raspberry and Bavarian Cream.  You can also use Dark Chocolate, but if you do, I'd use a little Vanilla Custard or Marshmallow to add a little sweetness to the mix.

Oh Yum :)

I'm getting my VG today and now to create (wringing hands together with anticipation)

I can't wait

Thanks @Earthling789 and @FXRich  Both recipes sound delicious!

I'm vaping the VT Adams Apple right now.... but might have to break out a new tank or two for these!

What's the best steep time for the flavors?

3 minutes ago, Edna said:

What's the best steep time for the flavors?

I don't steep mine, religiously... If I mix them in the bottle, I'll cap it, shake well, remove the cap, and let them set overnight, cap, shake, and start using it.  They do tend to taste better after they've sat for a couple days, but after that, the flavor doesn't change much, other than the chocolate sometimes tastes a bit "richer", but it could just be my imagination, lol.  When I mix in the bottle, I put in Nicotine base first, then PG, flavorings, and VG last.  I don't know why, but they tend to blend better that way, and the taste is better, faster... I guess because the heavier components are on the ends, which forces better mixing due to viscosity differences?

For mixes I blend in a beaker (batches larger than 30ml), I use a magnetic stirrer to blend the components as I measure them out.  I put the Nicotine base in last, after the PG/VG/flavorings have blended for the majority of time, to prevent premature Oxygenation.  I'll let them blend at a low speed (vortex) for 10-30 minutes, adding Nicotine in the last 5 minutes, and at that point, they're ready to vape, no steeping (sitting) required.  Blending time is based on the volume and speed... larger volume = more time.  You'll know when you've blended it too long because the Nicotine will Oxygenate and the mix will begin to get very dark or amber in color.  A magnetic stirrer can be pricey, but you can sometimes pick one up (used) from a school or local lab.  I snagged mine from the local college's Organic Chemistry lab for free.  It didn't work, but all it needed was a new fuse and a good cleaning. 

If you don't have a magnetic stirrer, a glass rod or stainless spoon work well to blend/stir in a beaker, but stirring for a long time wears you out, lol... using an Erlenmeyer flask is a good choice too... as you can stir by simply shaking the flask in a motion to cause the mixture to rotate... it is easier than using a rod/spoon, and if you use a 500ml flask, you can mix 250ml of juice easily... over-filling beyond half-way and you don't get good rotation for thorough mixing, especially if your mix is thick (30/70 or higher VG content).

I used to use a sonic cleaner to fast steep my juices, than I used a small crockpot for a couple of hours, now I'm lazy, after mixing and shaking, I loosen the cap and put it on the vent of my printer which stays about 130F overnight and it is ready in the morning.

WOW that sounds complicated ...

I was just going to mix them up and shake them a couple of times a day for a week or so...

26 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I don't have the patience to wait a week.

I really don't either, but I never said I wasn't going to taste it daily :rolleyes: LOL.... isn't that why they made drippers... for a quick taste test

I have a ton of juices to keep me busy until its ready. My favorite juice from vape wild comes freshly made so I usually have to wait on it....

So I'm getting better at patience  (sorta) :D

Yeah, you don't have to wait on them... I rarely wait to use the ones I mix, but they do tend to taste a bit better after they've sat for a few days.  Thorough mixing is usually good enough, but subtle flavors of the mix will be more pronounced as the flavor evolves.

• 2 weeks later...

Vanilla custard by steel city vapes,i am positively addicted to this stuff!i so wish they would go online with their juice!I also have their Kahluah and cream,delish!they have the best house juice I've ever had,and great prices.but they don't know jack about gear or coils,so the only business they get from me is juice!

3 hours ago, jasonculp said:

I am also using my latest DIY. I really don't have a name for it.  It has nearly 17 different fruits and cream flavors in it....lol

When I mix a test batch that doesn't taste very good, I put it in a bottle labeled Dirty sock, after a few bad batches I give it a try, if it tastes good I relabel it Clean Sock, other wise I toss it. 

3 hours ago, cany said:

Dayummm

I just took all of my fruit flavors, opened one, if I liked the way it smelled I put a ml in.  When I finished, it needed something, so I added a little combination of cream flavors.  It has been pretty good.  It is the only recipe I have ever mixed that I can vape for an extended period of time.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

When I mix a test batch that doesn't taste very good, I put it in a bottle labeled Dirty sock, after a few bad batches I give it a try, if it tastes good I relabel it Clean Sock, other wise I toss it. 

That is a good idea!  I got mad the other day and dumped all of my bad batches.

• 3 months later...