Bad Timing?

Bax

I was all excited to get into vaping as a means to finally stop smoking. Then I was intrigued at the idea of creating my own liquids and started making plans to buy supplies a little at a time while researching the process. That all came to a screeching halt last night when I came across an article about the FDA Regs.

Started reading more, and watching videos on the whole mess. Now I'm sitting here thinking I'm a victim of EPIC bad timing, considering  everything I've read or watched in the last 12 hours says Vapemageddon commences in early August and I won't be able to get any more supplies.

I'm even more confused now, and wondering if I should return my devices when they come, and just buy more smokes.  :unsure:

That's putting the cart before the horse. The deeming regulations have been put aside for the time being, but there will be other things coming down the pike. Get involved with CASAA, they're a wonderful organization dedicated to the cause of vaping. Don't give up just yet, there are many people working to make vaping better... become one of them.  :) 

57 minutes ago, Bax said:

I'm even more confused now, and wondering if I should return my devices when they come, and just buy more smokes.  :unsure:

This was one of the intended goals of the FDA's overreach through their deeming regulations.... to discourage anyone from taking up vaping (or at least vaping that wasn't backed/approved by Big Tobacco).

At this time, don't get discouraged, and don't give into Big Tobacco (and Big Government)... start vaping now and begin your life away from analogs... forever!

As @Tam suggested... get involved with, and join CASAA.  You'll always have the most up-to-date info about vaping regulations and receive info on what you can do (and when) regarding political activism for vaping.

By all means, keep your devices and continue your journey into vaping. If you're planning on DIY eliquids I would definitely go ahead and stock up on nicotine base now. I use 100 mg/ml concentration and have 3 liters stocked so far. I need a couple or three more for a 20 year supply. Good Luck!

I have to agree Nic base is the key to DIY, everything else will still be available. I only have about 2 1/2 liters of 100mg base right now, I don't know how long it will keep in the freezer. Even the Nic base should be available for a few more years.

I'm sticking with it. I think I just jumped the gun a little. I started watching videos on youtube and I think I managed to find all the ones with someone freaking out when the regs first came down.