No juice flavor,helpppp

Hey y'all, ready to pick your brains!! I just recently got back into vaping due to the need to quick cigarettes. I have been smoking for 24 years at about a pack a day average, recently over the last 5 months up to just about 2 packs per day.

I use to vape on a Kanger Pro tank 2 with a Ego stick-i use to pull some crazy flavors out of all my juices. Just recently within the last week have I started vaping again. I don't taste my juices at all for the most part. I'm vaping on a 180watt xcube 2 box mod with a temple RDA. I have changed my cotton to Jap cotton, I have built single coils, dual coils, recently my current build is a twisted kanthal 28 guage parallel coil. I get some heavy dense clouds with everything from 50/50, 60/40, max VG but little to no flavor at all. I DO NOT HAVE VAPORS TONGUE!! This no taste juice thing has been this way since I recently started. Any ideas??? My buddy vapes on my mod and describes the same flavor as the company describes their juice without knowing what it is. Me on the other hand when I taste moisture and unless it's a menthol which I still hardly taste I taste nothing. I smoked menthol 100s for almost my entire 24 years. What road do I take now? Thanks

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Interesting problem.

YOU HAVE VAPERS TONGUE! jk.  But it might be true to some extent. 

The only other thing you might want to look in to is hydration.  Your body needs fluids to keep all its working parts working.  Vapibg definitely dehydrates you. And, as the nose is key to taste, you might want to look in to pouring on the coals to hydration to keep your sinuses clear.

Do you have any cold or allergy symptoms?  That could be a huge factor in taste.  

But honestly, if there is a downside to sub ohm vaping it would have to be flavor.  There is something about low ohm vaping that really sacrifices flavor.  At least, that is true for me.  Im not sure of the science behind that but there is a trade off of sorts when it comes to subohming.  Bigger clouds doesn't necessarily mean bigger flavor.

I do in fact have cold and allergy symptoms but I'm not sure if that's because I started vaping or cut down from 2 packs a day to about a pack a week, this week though I've traded with buddies and swapped out all my NIC juices with no NIC. I just got this head cold when I went 4 days with a cigarette a day and started vaping

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Yep.  Your body is in shock.  You're detoxing and having wuthdrawls.  

I went cold turkey when I started vaping and those first couple of months were rough. I was lucky.  Never took another cig but the body definitely went thru some changes.  I wouldn't worry to much on the taste.  It'll come.

Probably the cold and it will take time for your tastebuds to heal from the damage smoking does to them. When I put down the stinkies in early 2013 there were flavors I loved but after a few months they tasted totally different.

Im not sure I believe in Vapors Tongue. I vaped one flavor exclusively for almost 3 years before switching to another exclusive flavor about 4 months ago and I never lost the ability to taste the flavor. People say you get vapors tongue from not switching up flavors but I don't buy it. I'm an"find what works and stick with it" guy. Since a couple months into my 3+ year vaping I have used a total of two flavors lol.

Do you still have your eGo and Pro Tank? If so, why not give them a try again to see how much of your problem is allergies and cold? When you smoke cigarettes, it really takes a toll on your taste buds' ability to work. It also might be that your taste buds need time to heal from that.

• 3 months later...

Try cleansing your palette by smelling coffee grounds. If that doesnt work you may just need to take a week or so for your taste buds to start developing again. I smoked for 15 years. When i started vapinh i couldnt distinguish flavors in my juices. Try vape mail-overnight for that jolly rancher jolt or journey juice-three s. Both are strong and savory in flavor. The vape mail definitely worked for me and kicked my taste buds to high after a couple of days

Sent from my LGLS665 using The Vapor Talk mobile app