Local vape shop idiots. ..a rant

We'll I was over at a friend's house today and she had a nast cough,and asked me about vaping.turns out the guys at the local vapeshop had her on a non sub ohm tank with an istick 40 watt tc.they sold her 18mg juice!she had a topbox so iswapped her tanks for her and gave her some level six juice.they told her she could run temp control on kanthal coils,just to switch the setting to nickel.I got to looking at the tank,and it was a p.o.s. she didn't even know what kind of coils they were.I hooked her up with some nickel coils,and explained everything to her.she doesn't know much about vaping,just what those idiots told her.I walked her through the entire set up,she didn't even knowhow to operate it properly.I also gave her some stainless coils for watt mode and explained the difference.wrote down both types of coils for her so she would know what to ask for.I felt like going down there and cussing someone.no instruction manual or anything.all they did for her was set it in temp mode and locked it.she totally got screwed over!some people shouldn't be able to own shops,just saying.rant ended.

This happens every day in shops all over the country...  Which is why a lot of people screamed for "regulation", when what we needed was "education".  Far too many people are behind the counter in these shops because they needed a job, not because they know what they are doing, and unfortunately, the person who needs a good talking-to is the owner of the shop!

I'm glad you were able to set her straight, and help her out.  She would have been another statistic of those who tried vaping and went back to analogs, blaming "poor equipment", when it was just "poor sales staff".  I think anyone who has been on this forum for more than a few months can extol seeing the exact same scenario play out locally for them (friends, family, co-workers).  Fortunately, you were there to help her out and give her a positive experience in vaping!

Adding to what Earthling said, we see a lot of new members come here asking the questions they couldn't get answered at their local vape shops and getting answers that contradict what they were initially told -- erroneously by the staff at their local B&M.  :(

Over three years vaping and smoke free and have still yet to spend one cent on a vape shop. VT has been my place for advice and I have saved a ton shopping online only. Not paying B and M prices or listening to their advice. Mostly it's sort of like asking an electronics associate at Walmart tax advice.

Edited by bcartervol98

I told her not to go there ever again!they told me rhey would hire me asap,they couldn't afford the people they had...now I know why!!!I told her about a way better vape shop that has had my back since I started vaping.the other shop was charging 40$ for a 30ml of juice,and I got desperate once and bought from them because they are literally right down the street.it stunk up my tank so bad I had to rinse a hot water ten minutes.I know from experience it was less than 50/50. I mean really????I am warning everyone I know who vapes in my neighborhood to aviod like the plague!!!there are a couple of people I know who want to quit smoking and start vaping.I am going to tell them it is way with it to go the extra 40miles!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2016 at 7:25 PM, bcartervol98 said:

www.sweetvapes.com for hardware

www.ecblendsflavors.com for liquid

No dumb advice, good prices and excellent service for me now over 3 years. Why pay markup when you don't have to?

Thanks!!!will check it out for sure!!got my juice covered through a certain company that ships me 11 bottles every month cheap.they are even floating me two free bottles of higher nic level to try before I up the entire box,I thought that was cool.I realized I needed to up it again because I was chain vaping even more than usual and flying through juice.I bought some of the higher level to try from a local store that was having a sale.26.50 for 50ml.the good shop I mentioned earlier that has had my back from the beginning.will surely check out sweetvapes for hardware.vape a versary coming up,even though I slipped for the first time in two years. Yesterday.Hey life happens I only had one.higher nic level did the trick!thanks again.

All the stuff my local store sells has a 110% mark up... so much for $5.00 quick lil juice.. sir that's 9.99... " thank you very much come again"

Thankfully there's tons of stores on the net.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And they don't know anything about vaping.. guy wanted me to buy 12 mg nicotine rancid juice.. screw that.. im so happy for the net.