FDA Regulations and the consumer. What should we do?

Hello people, As a consumer of vape products what are we to expect in your opinion? I don't know if I need to buy a new mod or should I stock up on juice, coils, tanks, etc. I am getting nervous about how long we will have to get what we need to continue to vape as long as possible. I am aware that the juices will not last, although, I have read that freezing them will help with the longevity of the eliquid. 

I know I am not the only vapor that has these concerns.

What are you doing?

For right now not much, I have ordered another liter of 100mg Base for my DIY, which means I will probably have a 20 year supply since I use 4mg juice. I rebuild my coils so there isn't much to do there. I currently am using 5 mods that use 18650 batteries, also have 3 mods that are unopened, so I'm OK there. I also have 11 tanks that I use in rotation, and 6 more that are still in the box. Awhile back I got 10 extra RBAs for my subtanks, so OK on tanks too. The people that will be hit the hardest after 2 years are the ones that are just starting to vape. Keeping juice in the freezer will help on the shelf life, I have some nic base in the freezer that has been there for at least 2 years, and is just as clear as the day I put it in there. In my opinion you can either stock up or wait to see what happens, I'm kind of doing both. I can't see big companies like Kanger, and joytech throwing in the towel, they will fight back. I think the juice will be higher priced, and maybe the hardware, but the industry will survive this FDA mess.

I've got such a stock pile of "back ups" that I should be okay for quite some time (read: years). The only thing I haven't got in huge supply is the e-liquid but that should soon be rectified. Other than that, not doing much else but taking a wait and see approach.  :)

3 hours ago, Robinox said:

For right now... Don't Panic to the point where you'll spend hundreds of dollars and stock up on things you'll not need, or still be able to get for the next 2-3 years.  Yes, juice left in the freezer will last beyond two-years, but why panic-buy $500 of juice you may not even enjoy the taste of six months from now?  Sure, if there is something you've had your eye on for a while... buying it now is not a bad thing, but there's no need to stockpile like it's the end of the world.

The market for hardware and juices will be relatively stable for the next two years, and quite possibly beyond then.  Some of the boutique companies (that were only out to make $ on vaping) might disappear, but most of the large companies will still be around, especially hardware manufacturers such as Kangertech, Aspire, Joyetech, Smok, eLeaf, etc.  In a year or two, juices may become higher priced and harder to find flavors/companies you currently use, but if Congress will do their job (putting a boot to the FDA's throat) by forcing the grandfather date to change... we'll all breath easier, at least for now, because what is on the market will be allowed to STAY on the market without going through the retroactive approval process.

Personally, I did buy a couple of mods and a couple of Subtank Mini's... Yes, I was going to buy them ANYWAY, but went ahead and pulled the trigger on them because I found them on sale.  I DIY juice, but I'm not going to go crazy stocking up on Nicotine, PG, VG, or flavorings until someone says "on X-date, Nicotine sales will be restricted to licensed buyers"... or "On X-date, flavoring prices will be taxed at 300%".  Until there is definitive proof and a set-date for things to go pear-shaped, I'll just buy what I need, when I need it.  BTW, I have nearly a liter of 10% Nicotine, gallons of VG/PG, and a shelf in my freezer full of flavorings... but I like to have that much on hand anyway!

4 hours ago, Robinox said:

Hello people, As a consumer of vape products what are we to expect in your opinion? I don't know if I need to buy a new mod or should I stock up on juice, coils, tanks, etc. I am getting nervous about how long we will have to get what we need to continue to vape as long as possible. I am aware that the juices will not last, although, I have read that freezing them will help with the longevity of the eliquid. 

What are you doing?

Majority of vapers' concern is running out of juice, or vaping gear malfunctioning  inopportunely, and not having back-ups on hand as it could drive one back to analogs, if it were to happen.  If you already have reliable back ups, you can pick up supplies on your own terms, or when disposable funds are more readily available.  Within 2 years, you will be surprised how much "back-ups" you can have. ;)

I am a prepper. Not just in vaping but as a lifestyle. So I have a lot more than an average vaper have. I have not purchased any vape supplies and gear in 4 mos, and really do not need anything else (35+ mods, and lost count on how many atomizers I currently own lol)  unless something shiny catches my eye, or it is on sale. Building my own coils and making my own juice helps a lot too, and makes hoarding supplies  more manageable. I still buy premium juice just to try something new, and lots of great deals come 4th of July (if you are in the US). 

like a lot of the people here, I am a stockpiler.  I wouldn't go as far as prepper, but I am always "prepared".  I have a little over 20 mods that I have collected over the last 2 years.  I also have nearly 2 liters of 100mg/ml of nicotine.  I don't have too many tanks, probably only 10 or so.  All of the tanks I have are rebuildable.  I am not panicking yet, but I am picking up things as I find them on sale.

+1 on the sales! @jasonculp

One thing we will likely see in the very near future is great sales in the local B&M's and a few of the online retailers?  I've already picked up a couple mods and tanks because they were on really good sales (basically saving 35%).  As I find more good deals, I'll not pass up the bargains :D  What I don't use right away, I'll have for a rainy-day, or will make good $$ selling them on the black market IF the FDA causes vapocoplypse....

I'm comfortable with what I have accumulated and in no rush.  If the deals are too good I may stash a couple of items but for now I'm not panicking and I don't think there's any reason to.  BUT, for the first time I'm contemplating DIY juice.  The last frontier in my vaping journey.  :dizzy:  No anxiety yet.  I feel we have lots of time.

17 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

+1 on the sales! @jasonculp

One thing we will likely see in the very near future is great sales in the local B&M's and a few of the online retailers?  I've already picked up a couple mods and tanks because they were on really good sales (basically saving 35%).  As I find more good deals, I'll not pass up the bargains :D  What I don't use right away, I'll have for a rainy-day, or will make good $$ selling them on the black market IF the FDA causes vapocoplypse....

Yay.... sales!  The more things go on sale, the more I give a whole new definition to "...get back ups. And back ups of back ups and back ups of those..."  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the regs closely, I'm not too worried at this point. We will have all of the vaping equipment at our disposal that is out now and what comes out before 8/8. I do want to be prepared, but not at this juncture to the point of having massive amounts of vaping equipment and supplies taking up a whole room! I'm with whoever said "let's wait and see". The regs are a "final deeming" yes, however, if you read closely the FDA states that there could be changes as they gain information and more knowledge on the subject.

IMO, there might be a bit less of the vaping supplies out there once the 2 year period is over, however, this might be a good thing as far as more reliable and safer equipment and supplies. We will probably be paying a bit more I'm sure as ciggarette smokers did once the government starting piling on the "sin taxes". I remember cigs being .45 a pack when I started smoking back in 1976 and now they are $4 a pack (for the brand I smoked and where I live, I know they are much more expensive in other areas). 

We may have to rely on B&M's much more than we do now. I recently spoke with a local shop owner and he said that equipment will more than likely be a bit more expensive, however, it wouldn't affect him as much since he doesn't make his own juice and is strictly a retailer. We may also see a big decline in online sales due to ID restrictions, but I'm sure the industry will address that issue and hopefully it won't make as big of an impact to the online vendors. 

At this point in time, I believe we are going to be OK for the next 2 years, I hope. But as I said, after reading the regs, I don't think the "vape apocalypse" is upon us, nor will it come to that point. But I've been known to be wrong, once or twice a decade... :rolleyes:, and I hope this isn't one of the times.

Should it appear that we are in trouble, I'll be maxing out my credit cards and the post office will get to know me very well, even more so than they do now!

Edited by DoctorJ
tyop...toyp, errr...TYPO, yeah that LOL

I'm a big advocate of being prepared ...I didn't know about the changes coming but now I do it's time to stock up :) I just started vaping about 3 weeks ago but have gotten 3 mods and tanks. Now looking into rda's and rta's and learning to make my own juice.

I'd hate to have to think about being without.

Everyone make a note of who your chatting with... thas #1.

#1 protect yourself.

#2 protect your investment.

#2... soon as the receipes are availabl... im preping for a full FDA ban.. you will need to get your self the required ingredients...

So what are you guys all doing reading this... get out there and get as much ingredients AS YOU CAN AFFORD!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, 1nfect said:

So what are you guys all doing reading this... get out there and get as much ingredients AS YOU CAN AFFORD!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No need to go into full panic mode just yet, although it never hurts to be well-stocked. Even if the worst comes to pass, the government can't/won't put it into action right that minute. We'll have some time.