Ego-T problem

So I have an Ego-T, and yesterday I was able to use it just fine. But all of a sudden it stopped working, and now it just blinks 10 times when the button is pushed. I've tried clicking it 5 times and it won't turn off, and the light is always green when charging. I tried to charge it overnight but that didn't help. Am I doing something wrong here? I really hope the problem can be fixed without having to replace anything.

2 hours ago, Forthebus said:

So I have an Ego-T, and yesterday I was able to use it just fine. But all of a sudden it stopped working, and now it just blinks 10 times when the button is pushed. I've tried clicking it 5 times and it won't turn off, and the light is always green when charging. I tried to charge it overnight but that didn't help. Am I doing something wrong here? I really hope the problem can be fixed without having to replace anything.

I forget what the 10x blink means because I've not used one a long time, but typically, flashing light means the atomizer is not contacting the center pin, or the atomizer is shorting-out / too low of a resistance.  If the atomizer is the issue, that is an easy fix (swap coils).  If the center pin is not making contact with the base of your tank, use a small screwdriver or tweezers to pry/lift the center pin just a tiny tiny bit.  It doesn't take much... fractions of a millimeter!

Found this while searching your problem:

"If lifting the pin does not help you may have liquid in the battery housing that has shorted your battery, if you have a leaky clearomizer this can ruin your battery. Clean out the top of the pin with a clean and dry qtip and let it sit for a day. This can dry out any liquid inside and may bring it back to life (rare but it can happen), we do not cover batteries shorted by leaking cartomizers, when your battery is opened if there is liquid inside it it will not be covered, please check your clearomizers often for signs of leakage.

Do you have a Blinking Battery?

This usually means a battery has been shorted. But if it blinks 10 or more times it's usually means it needs to be charged, do that first.

If it doesn't charge that means it's shorted or dead.

Steps to try:
1. Turn it off with the 5 click, let it sit for a hour, put it back on the charger. When fully charged, turn it back on and use.

2. Try to turn it on again, sounds silly but I myself have accidently turned off batteries! 5 Click!

3. Try a different carto/clearo/device

4. Try to back off on the carto/clearo a half turn, the device might be shorting your battery.

5. Try the center post lift trick above, if the center post is severly compressed the positive center post will be making contact with the negative shell and causing a short, lift the pin it may stop the short.

6. Bang It! Yo! This sounds really silly but when all else fails, give it a shot, smack the battery (bottom first) on a hard surface (not so hard as to leave a dent!

Give these a shot and see if helps...

Adding to all of the above, take a Q-tip and wet it just a bit with rubbing alcohol. Use this to clean the center pin on your battery and also clean the center pin on your charger. Those can get pretty gunked up too.