Can I use a Ti Coil in wattage mode?

Akratk

Ti and Ni are meant for TC mode only. The exact reasons I'm not sure of but if you do a search you can probably find out. Or maybe someone here knows the reason. I know it has something to do with giving off some kind of toxin when it gets too hot.

From what I have read, when titanium gets to a certain temp it can ignite, much like magnesium can. some say the ignition temp is 600 some say 700, which is safe in TC mode, but not in power mode if you run out of juice. Above 700f titanium nitrate will start to form on titanium, which is not good for you. This data I got from the internet, I cannot guarantee its accuracy.

I personally do not think titanium can ignite at 700 degrees. I used to work in the arrow space industry, we frequently took titanium to 1400degrees Fahrenheit to superplastic form it. A embrittling surface finish know as alpha case forms at and above 700 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerospace...thanks autocorrect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally have seen magnesium welded at a temp that was above its flash point, but it was welded with a inert gas shied, (no oxygen) A welder could probably explain it better than me. most materials need oxygen to burn, phosphorus being one of the exceptions. without going to the library and doing serious research, I have to rely on what I read on the internet, which in many cases is wrong, and even contradicts itself. Getting back to the original question, there are probably people that use Titanium coils in power mode, does that make it safe, my answer would be no. you could use solder to make a coil and it would probably work at lower temps until you got lead poisoning. I think I could safely say that people that are harmed by vaping are doing something that they are not supposed to do. Just my opinion.