Ego one vt faulty battery?

3 days ago I purchased an ego one vt and it has been working perfectly fine, I was actually impressed with how well it vapes, creating plenty of vapour and not a single dry hit. Last night I was vaping for a couple mins and went to take another hit and no vapour came out, i looked at the device and the lights stayed on and the button continuously flashes, it has been 12+ hours and it is still flashing. Charging seems to work fine but the battery will not fire at all. I have tried every combination of buttons and nothing seems to work... any ideas anyone? 

The eGo One VT from Joyetech... the battery light will flash if the charge is below 60%, so the question is... how fast is it flashing?

eGo ONE VT

If it is not firing the atomizer, it could be a fault of the battery, atomizer-head short/failure, or failure of the tank's 510 connector to fully connect to the center post of the battery.  Each of these should be looked at.  Do you have a different tank you can try?  If it is brand new, and the battery is at fault, it should still be under the 30-day warranty period and should be replaced by the place you purchased it from.   If from a local shop, I'd suggest taking it back to them and let them examine it (and replace it if necessary).

Its currently moderately flashing. 

I dont have any spare parts as im quite new to it all. (Dont worry i took great care when selecting the correct mode with the chosen atomizers.) I had an extensive look and it definitely makes contact with the tank connector. I think I may just be unlucky and scored a defect, just wanted to see if there was maybe a way to reset the device. I will have to take it back for a refund or swap.

6 hours ago, Mrdic92 said:

I will have to take it back for a refund or swap.

As with any consumer devices these days, not all of them are perfect, and duds do get sold :(  This is why most every "genuine" product from Joyetech, Kangertech, Eleaf, Vision, etc. will have a 30-day warranty, minimum.

As for spares... we refer to them as backups... and I suggest you get plenty of them!  We preach backups here, and most ignore the warning until they go away for a weekend, a day-trip, or get stuck working a double-shift and have their rig malfunction or run out of power... I've been through FOUR batteries in one afternoon of bad luck before... so without a few spares in my pocket, a pack of analogs may have been my only choice.

Let us know what happens when you take it back to the shop.