FDA REGULATIONS! VERY IMPORTANT!

I have to agree with BirdDog, petitions are not legally binding, and most are ignored. One look at where its going tells me its going to be ignored.  

Congress is a better way, they are up for reelection.

Edited by FXRich

The HR 2058 bill is sitting in the house and not moving fast, but it not dead. So please urge your representatives to support it.

Here is another link to the status of the Cole-Bishop Amendment. There is a section stuck in there regarding the FDA and Tobacco products. I think it is a smaller version of the HR 2058 bill. This one is moving now through the houses. Please contact your reps to support this.

https://www.khlaw.com/9094

Because they added to it with more regs, I don't mind signing a petition, but I don't think it is going to do any good. Any new regulations that these different federal agencies come up with are OKed by the white house before being put in place, for all we know the white house might have recommended some of them. I think we are stuck with the new regulations, unless Congress does something or a new president changes them, I'm not holding my breath in either case. Have you seen some of the petitions they have? Most are ridiculous. There was one that wanted the US to build a battle star. others wanted the white house to protect doctors in China. Really some off the wall stuff.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/secure-resources-and-funding-and-begin-construction-death-star-2016/

Edited by FXRich

I was just sent this in my Email:

We the People

Following up on your petition on the tobacco regulations:

A few months back, we sent an initial response to a petition you signed on the tobacco deeming regulations. At the time, the rule in question was still under interagency review. But now, there's more to say.

Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finalized a rule extending its authority to all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, cigars, hookah tobacco, and pipe tobacco, among others.

This rule will allow the FDA to improve public health and protect future generations from the dangers of tobacco use through a variety of steps, including restricting the sale of these tobacco products to minors nationwide.

Tobacco use poses a significant threat to public health and is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the U.S. today. While there has been a major decline in the use of traditional cigarettes among youth over the past decade, their use of other tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, continues to climb.

In 2015, 3 million middle and high school students were using e-cigarettes.

Prior to FDA’s actions this week, there was a big difference between the rules for the makers of traditional tobacco cigarettes and the rules for these new products.

If you were to purchase a traditional cigarette today, you would be warned about the health risks. You'd also be over the age of 18, because it is illegal to sell cigarettes to minors. These safeguards have greatly contributed to the decline in smoking. But the newer tobacco products haven't had these same safeguards in place.

The new regulations are aimed at making sure all tobacco manufacturers and retailers follow the same rules -- rules to protect children and make sure everyone can make informed decisions about their own health and the products they purchase.

So what do the new provisions say? For starters:

• Stores will not be allowed to sell e-cigarettes, cigars, and hookah tobacco to people under 18 years of age.
  • All sales to those 26 and under will require a photo ID -- just like needing an ID for cigarettes.
  • Manufacturers will be required to place health warnings on product packages and ads.

You can read more about the new regulations and what this means for manufacturers, retailers, and our nation's health here.

These regulations mark a new chapter in the FDA's efforts to end preventable tobacco-related disease and death, ensure consumers can make informed decisions, and protect the health of America's youth from the dangers of tobacco.

Thanks again for raising your voice on this issue.

-- The We the People Team

5 hours ago, Compenstine said:

I was just sent this in my Email:

We the People

Following up on your petition on the tobacco regulations:

I got that too... more propaganda from The White House, which sugar-coats the issue... because... "it's for the children"...  :sick:

I cannot help but wonder in regards to liquid if a manufacturer could sell and submit only "unflavored" liquid then give the flavorings chosen pre-measured at no charge to alleviate some of the cost of approval? Flavorings are not regulated until they are added to the dreaded e-liquid so would that not be a potential loophole to at least reduce the cost of approval for those with the means to stay in the market after this two year and three month window? I have no idea about DIY so am not sure this is viable but it seems it could be.

^^ Way to think outside the box, B! ^^ 

Yes, I think that would be a viable solution, and would be much like adding flavors to water... there's no regulations on flavorings (until they are added into a bottle labeled as e-liquid).