Snow Wolf 200W V1.5 - Voltage Dropoff

I love my Snow Wolf. But lately and more frequently I've been having a drop in voltage.

I'm not talking about the initial battery ramp up when you turn the mod on or let it sit for a while.

In Power Mode (Wattage), I will hold the fire button to take a drag. I will get full voltage, then midway through the inhale, the voltage will drop off as if I let go of the button, then it will come back up. Yes I'm holding the button down all the way.

I never use Temp Control. Only use it in wattage mode with my tanks and RDAs and it always does this.

Its really starting to annoy me. Any reason for this?

Sounds like battery probs.  Im not thst gamiliar with the snow wolf but I would say the battery is going or it's ot rated high enough continuous discharge rate.

What battery are you using and what power vs ohm are you vaping?

And how old is the battery?

40A AWT 18650s. 3.7V 3000 mah I've only had them since December. I have two sets that I swap out, so they haven't been continuously used every day.

I use my Aspire Cleito with .4 ohm coils at 45 watts. Playboy tank with .5 coils between 50 and 70 watts. And my Velocity RDA at around a .2 between 70 and 100 watts.

Edited by ColtonHodge

A quick look reveals that battery was tested and performed average at 20A but has severe drop off above that.   

You are taxing over 20A with the Velocity set up as far as I can tell or at least near the limit.  It should be fine in your other set ups.

I don't think there is a true 40A battery out there.  Not in the 3000 mah range. It would appear it's an average battery that performs ok on lighter loads but whay you describe hss all the earmarks of an under performing battery especially when driving over 60W.

This is just a guess, really. The real battery gurus may be able to help you further or straighten me out. :)

My understanding is that once you over tax a battery it actually damages its capability to perform at its best and it starts to spiral down significantly in performance. 

Im not terribly confident in that last statement but I believe it to be true.  Hopefully someone can corroborate that.