chest pains due to vaping?

Were you ever a smoker?  If so, how many packs per day, and what brand/strength? 

Chest pains are highly uncommon and not a side-effect of vaping, nor an indication of allergic reaction.  If you were never a smoker or user of tobacco, using any e-liquid that contains nicotine is not recommended or advised. 

What device are you using (battery/tank) and what brand/flavor of e-liquid are you using?

What Earthling said above ^^^^^

Also, I would add for you to go see a doctor about the chest pains because that should not be a side effect of vaping. 12 mg of nicotine in e-liquid is not particularly considered "high" unless you're vaping it in a sub-ohm tank. Then, it's probably too much but we could tell you more after you answer Earthling's questions so we have more information to go on.

10 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Were you ever a smoker?  If so, how many packs per day, and what brand/strength? 

Chest pains are highly uncommon and not a side-effect of vaping, nor an indication of allergic reaction.  If you were never a smoker or user of tobacco, using any e-liquid that contains nicotine is not recommended or advised. 

What device are you using (battery/tank) and what brand/flavor of e-liquid are you using?

yes, I was a cigarette smoker for 15 years, about a pack every two days. they were Marlboro menthols. I'm currently using a evod vape pen with new juice..it's a new juice called california vaping company. 

2 minutes ago, hallowqueen said:

yes, I was a cigarette smoker for 15 years, about a pack every two days. they were Marlboro menthols. I'm currently using a evod vape pen with new juice..it's a new juice called california vaping company. 

Half a pack a day of menthol... 12mg should be okay, but you may also want to go up or down, depending on the resistance of your coil and the juice you're using.  12mg @ 1.8 Ohms would be a good starting point, yes.... but 18 may satisfy your cravings more and reduce your need to chain-vape so heavily.  Sometimes new vapers need even higher nicotine levels to get over the cravings and detox from analogs, before settling back down to 12mg (or lower).

Let's address the juice... some menthol juices are quite harsh/strong, and that could be causing your issues?  If you want a menthol "hit", I would suggest changing to a mint flavor (wintergreen, peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, etc.) and use a PYREX tank, as menthol, mint, and heavy citrus flavors will damage/crack/destroy plastic tanks.

Changing to a mint flavor can also be mixed with fruit flavors for excellent vaping... blueberry/peppermint is an excellent flavor, and good for a stuffy nose too :)  Cinnamon/bubblegum is quite tasty, as is spearmint/birthday-cake flavor. 

Try another brand and flavor of juice, and I'm sure you'll find a better taste, and less chest/lung irritation.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...