Adding nic to ejuice at store?

Long story short...

Dashed out to a brand new B & M in my neighborhood.  It is literally 1 1/2 blocks from me.  Now, this B & M is the newest one of a very successful chain around here.  I had to pick up a quick juice.  They make a decent house brand that is very vapable and priced reasonably.

Any way.  Of course they don't have 3mg in what I want so the girl pops off the top of a 0mg bottle and drops 3 drops of (presumably nic haha) in to a 30 ml gives it a couple shakes (its a 30/70 blend) and hands it to me.  She does this right on the counter in front of me. 

Am I reacting badly? Wtf?  I've never seen this before.  Has anybody seen this before?  I gotta tell you, it didn't sit well with me and I dont know, it was just a little too casual.  Plus,  i felt like I had to mix that sucker up a little more, lol.  

It just struck me as odd...  

First of all... if she were using 100mg/ml nicotine, it would have taken 18 drops to bring your volume to 3mg/ml strength, so I'd not even consider your juice to have more than 0.5mg nicotine in it (and probably far less) :(

As for mixing right at the counter... yeah, I've seen shops do that (like taking three 10ml bottles of chocolate, peanut-butter, & caramel, and mixing into a 30ml bottle), and it makes me cringe too.  I understand making the customer happy by mixing flavors or bumping nicotine levels... but its just not cool...  If I want to mix flavors or add nicotine at home, that's my prerogative... I just hate the idea of KNOWING someone (who's hygiene is unknown/questionable) has opened my bottle before I get my hands on it.   YUK!

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

If she added 3 drops of 100% nic yes you would get 3mg per ml, I am very sure she didn't use 100% nic as it is hard to come by and dangerous to handle.

No gloves.  No eye wear. No nothing lol.   

While in Denver for work last year, I stopped at a vape shop (Don't remember the name). They mixed their juice right at the counter as you ordered it, not really at the counter but close enough. They had a nice clean area, the bottles looked well marked and wore gloves, but I thought it was weird. I passed on getting juice, the mix area was neat and tidy, but the rest of the place looked like someone's living room, couch, coffee table and the staff was eating pizza and playing Xbox when I came in.

• 1 year later...