iStick Basic opinions?

Just got a first hand view of the Basic at the local B&M. Does anyone have any experience with it(or more precisely the tank that comes on it)? I am thinking it might be the rig for my wife. She is currently using an IC30S on an istick 30W 1.8ohm at 11 watts, but wants something that can run thicker juices as she doesn't like the 50/50 that the local B&M has but likes their 70vg/30 PG flavors. She gets dry hits (no surprise) with the 70/30 in the 30s. She is a mouth to lunger, and rarely chain vapes. I have a couple subtank minis she doesn't like because thy are to "loose" even on the smallest airflow setting, and she doesn't like the Nautilus mini either, it also has issues with the ticker juices IMO. I tried thinning the 70/30 juice with distilled water but she didn't like that either.....

The juice holes in the atomizer look big enough to handle the thicker juices, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried before I shelled out the cash for something that may end up sitting there unused. Also, the reviews I have seen are mixed with people either loving them or they bricked for some reason or another after a few weeks.

Sorry, I have no clue about the tank you're talking about BUT! From your description of how she vapes, it sounds like she likes a tighter draw. I'm also a mouth to lung vaper with a preference for a tighter draw than what the subtank mini offers. My tank of choice is the Aspire Triton 2, it's perfect for the 30 PG/70 VG juices I use. The coil I use on it is the 1.8 ohm. Even chain vaping, I never get a dry hit. 101 Vapes has them on sale for $19.99 right now.  I get the coils at Mt. Baker Vaper. Might be a thought?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Just got a first hand view of the Basic at the local B&M. Does anyone have any experience with it(or more precisely the tank that comes on it)? I am thinking it might be the rig for my wife. She is currently using an IC30S on an istick 30W 1.8ohm at 11 watts, but wants something that can run thicker juices as she doesn't like the 50/50 that the local B&M has but likes their 70vg/30 PG flavors. She gets dry hits (no surprise) with the 70/30 in the 30s. She is a mouth to lunger, and rarely chain vapes. I have a couple subtank minis she doesn't like because thy are to "loose" even on the smallest airflow setting, and she doesn't like the Nautilus mini either, it also has issues with the ticker juices IMO. I tried thinning the 70/30 juice with distilled water but she didn't like that either.....

The juice holes in the atomizer look big enough to handle the thicker juices, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried before I shelled out the cash for something that may end up sitting there unused. Also, the reviews I have seen are mixed with people either loving them or they bricked for some reason or another after a few weeks.

I have been curious about this mod for a while.  I don't know much about the tank.  The original GS got pretty good reviews, but not too sure about this version.  The form factor of this thing is great.  My biggest issue with it is that it is not variable wattage or voltage.   In fact, it seems like it just applies battery voltage, and that is it, not regulated at all.  The tank does have 3 coil choices which is nice.  The magnetic connection is really neat looking.

Tam, thanks I will look into the Triton 2.

Jason, the mod itself seems to be basically an eGo but regulated regulated to 3.7V from what I read in the manual. If what I read is right, it regulates the voltage to 3.7V so it will be a constant hit from full charge to  dead.  I was able to everything with it but put juice in it and try it.  The magnet is pretty cool, and it screws off so you can use the tank on any 510 mod.

Edited by Squid
fat fingers

I know this is very unusual but I use the iStick 40 and the tanks I like best is the Protank 3 and the Aerotank. I never have dry hits and I like my juice just as you do. I know they are smaller tanks but by the time I have vaped a tank full of that flavor juice I am ready for another flavor anyway. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

I like the look of them as well, but never tried one.  You are correct that they output a constant voltage (3.7-3.8V), just like a basic eGo.

As for the tank, I like the Triton2 as well for MTL vaping, and Patricia's suggestion of the Aerotank V2 is still one of my go-to tanks.  The Aerotank has plenty of coil options, from 0.8 Ohm up to 2.4 Ohm (1.2 and 1.5 Ohm being my favorites @ 9-15W), and since they've gone to Organic Cotton, their flavor is much improved.  I still get the occasional coil with a very tight draw, but it doesn't happen too often, but she may prefer the tighter draw?

16 hours ago, Squid said:

Tam, thanks I will look into the Triton 2.

Jason, the mod itself seems to be basically an eGo but regulated regulated to 3.7V from what I read in the manual. If what I read is right, it regulates the voltage to 3.7V so it will be a constant hit from full charge to  dead.  I was able to everything with it but put juice in it and try it.  The magnet is pretty cool, and it screws off so you can use the tank on any 510 mod.

I guess I was mistaken.  I read this on eleaf world:

3) Direct output voltage system is applied in the iStick basic. The higher the battery level, the higher the output voltage.

Here

It really makes no sense to me, with todays technology, why make a mod that isn't regulated.  So it would make much more sense that they changed it since they made the webpage...

18 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I like the look of them as well, but never tried one.  You are correct that they output a constant voltage (3.7-3.8V), just like a basic eGo.

As for the tank, I like the Triton2 as well for MTL vaping, and Patricia's suggestion of the Aerotank V2 is still one of my go-to tanks.  The Aerotank has plenty of coil options, from 0.8 Ohm up to 2.4 Ohm (1.2 and 1.5 Ohm being my favorites @ 9-15W), and since they've gone to Organic Cotton, their flavor is much improved.  I still get the occasional coil with a very tight draw, but it doesn't happen too often, but she may prefer the tighter draw?

Talking about the nice look made me think of another reason I have changed over to the isticks. Tam told me about the wraps that can be bought to put on them to pretty them up, or for you guys, made them look cool. I bought mine on ebay and I have people asking me all the time "where did you get that?" And just for $8.00 a piece.

• 4 weeks later...