atomizer from a different mfg

I have an IPv4s mod box with a Vapeston Maganus tank. The atomizer, coil and all is burnt dead. I saw a YouTube vid that insists you can intermix atomizers. Can I really do that? I saw a 5 pack of Aspire Triton 0.3 ohm replacement coils that I can afford and would appear to have the threads in the right place. Will this work, can I use coils/atomizers from a different mfg?

I wouldn't count on it being a perfect fit unless it specifically says so.  You can't go by looks.  Many appear to be the same to the eye but are not compatible.  Does the YouTube vid specifically show that atomizer working with the vapeston?  

no, it doesn't cite any specific brands and what's worse I can't seem to find the thing anymore. It might not have even been YouTube. It sounded dodgey to begin with, so that's why I'm asking here. Cuz, I'm new to MOD vaping, maybe I should also ask this: Do most tank brands fit most mod boxes? Someone just gave me a IPv4s and it happened to already have the Vapeston Maganus NI tank attached. So, if I bought an Aspire tank, would it fit in the IPV4S box as a mod box is just a generic power/temp control/battery container device?

Yeah.  I just checked and those coils are not compatible although they look very similar.

but yes, you can pair just about any tank with any mod.  The only thing you have to watch out for is some mods can handle temp control and some can't.  That's only important if you are using temp control coils.  If you are using a temp control coil, you'll need to set the mod on temp control mode.  Otherwise not a problem.  I believe the IPv4 has temp control so just set the mode correctly for the tank/coil you are using.