I'm new to vaping triton 2

I just bought a aspire triton 2, and I have never vaped before, what is the best battery to use this on? Can I use this on a ego twist? And what is the difference in the 1.8ohm atomizer and the sub ohm atomizers (like 0.2, 0.5) what is volts, ohms, watts? If I vaped a sub ohm coil on a stick battery like a cheap clone would I mess anything up or would I get less vapor? Thanks in advance.

The best thing to use with a triton2 is a regulated box mod, with at least a 50w output. not saying you will need 50w just saying the ego twist battery won't last very long, and it won't fire the subohm coils. There are many good box mods on the market that will work just fine for you, I'm sure the people on VT will be happy to suggest  some, and to help you spend your money.

As someone who has... more Triton 2s than I care to admit, if you want to use it on something like an eGo Twist, stick with the 1.8 ohm battery. Your Twist is not meant for sub-ohm (0.2 ohm and 0.5 ohm). If you want to use a sub-ohm coil, there are many mods out there that will do so safely.

Personally, I like the Eleaf iStick 50W for a simple yet powerful battery that's very versatile. Earthling789 recommends the Wismec 40W. Both of these have the battery inclosed so you don't have to buy separate batteries and battery charger for them. Even with the iStick 50W, I prefer the cooler vape so I use 1.8 ohm coils exclusively.

Since you have never vaped before, are you trying to get off cigarettes? If so, what mg of nicotine are you using? With the Triton, you'll want to go with a lower nic level than you would with a tank on an eGo Twist.

49 minutes ago, Tam said:

As someone who has... more Triton 2s than I care to admit, if you want to use it on something like an eGo Twist, stick with the 1.8 ohm battery. Your Twist is not meant for sub-ohm (0.2 ohm and 0.5 ohm). If you want to use a sub-ohm coil, there are many mods out there that will do so safely.

Personally, I like the Eleaf iStick 50W for a simple yet powerful battery that's very versatile. Earthling789 recommends the Wismec 40W. Both of these have the battery inclosed so you don't have to buy separate batteries and battery charger for them. Even with the iStick 50W, I prefer the cooler vape so I use 1.8 ohm coils exclusively.

Since you have never vaped before, are you trying to get off cigarettes? If so, what mg of nicotine are you using? With the Triton, you'll want to go with a lower nic level than you would with a tank on an eGo Twist.

Is the eleaf istick 30w mod okay using 0.5 ohm coils?

2 minutes ago, Originalconman said:

Is the eleaf istick 30w mod okay using 0.5 ohm coils?

Yes, using the 0.5 ohm coils is fine, the iStick 30W is rated for 0.4 ohm for the lowest resistance so the 0.2 ohm coil won't work on it though.

Just now, Tam said:

Yes, using the 0.5 ohm coils is fine, the iStick 30W is rated for 0.4 ohm for the lowest resistance so the 0.2 ohm coil won't work on it though.

Thank you, but I'm still confused on what ohms are like can you tell a difference in 0.5 and 1.8? 

The .5 triton coil is a Clapton coil, which usually needs a lot of power, the 1.8 triton coil is Kanthal which uses less power. You will probably get bigger clouds with the .5 coil but you may get better flavor with the 1.8 coil. Its just a matter of what you want. I would also like to point out the 30w has a 2200 mah battery and the 50w has a 4400 mah battery, so the 50w will go a lot longer between charges.

The less resistance like the 0.5 ohm coil, the hotter the vape. More resistance like 1.8 ohm gives you a cooler vape. In my opinion, the 1.8 ohm is more versatile so you can go higher or lower in wattage/voltage depending on what you like. If the 0.5 ohm coil is too hot at 5W or 3.1V, you're pretty much out of luck because the mod won't go any lower. The 1.8 ohm coil is a good one (fairly middle of the road with good performance) to start with until you figure out what's right for you.  :) 

I don't have any experience with a Triton .5 Clapton coil, but have tried the Kanger .5 Clapton coil, there was no vapor produced with less than 25w I had to up the wattage to 35w to get good flavor. Someone here must have tried the triton .5 Clapton coil and should be able to let you know what kind of wattage you need.

26 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Yeah,  prob 30w mininum....

x2. .5 and .2 coils will need more wattage to function properly, as I've learned. Thats not to say that a 30w won't run a .5 because our kanger subvod's can run .5 coils.

What is key is that more/adjustable wattage gives you more flavor, and vapor production. Depending on your juice source, you'll find yourself hunting flavor in different ranges. The kanger subvods tap out at (iirc) 45w with a .5 coil. Same juice in a different tank with more wattage provided better flavor on a .5 coil.

Right now I'm running a few setups. I have a .2 kanthal in one triforce at 60-65w. A .14 ni200 coil in another triforce at 65w, and a .33 kanthal coil in my RBA running at 55w. All juices from the same source, 20pg 80vg 3nic.

Point being, experiences may vary.  lol but for that tank I would suggest a regulated mod vs a battery type device. A good cheap one I could suggest would be a cuboid, you can get them for less than 40 bux. (but would be wise to get at least 4 batteries and a decent charger)

2 minutes ago, hicksvilleshick said:

x2. .5 and .2 coils will need more wattage to function properly, as I've learned. Thats not to say that a 30w won't run a .5 because our kanger subvod's can run .5 coils.

What is key is that more/adjustable wattage gives you more flavor, and vapor production. Depending on your juice source, you'll find yourself hunting flavor in different ranges. The kanger subvods tap out at (iirc) 45w with a .5 coil. Same juice in a different tank with more wattage provided better flavor on a .5 coil.

Right now I'm running a few setups. I have a .2 kanthal in one triforce at 60-65w. A .14 ni200 coil in another triforce at 65w, and a .33 kanthal coil in my RBA running at 55w. All juices from the same source, 20pg 80vg 3nic.

Point being, experiences may vary.  lol but for that tank I would suggest a regulated mod vs a battery type device. A good cheap one I could suggest would be a cuboid, you can get them for less than 40 bux. (but would be wise to get at least 4 batteries and a decent charger)

How would the eleaf istick 40w tc work with the triton 2? And when do I change my coils out?

On 3/28/2016 at 10:47 PM, Originalconman said:

How would the eleaf istick 40w tc work with the triton 2? And when do I change my coils out?

According to what I see in the specs, yes it'll work, but the 40w cap in my opinion would be pretty low. The downsides of one of those for me is the internal battery, so if the battery goes, the mod is bricked, unless you can find a way to replace the battery, and I'm not sure if they have countermeasures for that. I tend to prefer external batteries, that way if a battery goes south, I can just replace them. That being said, it is advised that if you get a 2 battery mod, you marry the batteries, always use the same 2 at a time, charge them together, use them together, not actually take them to the courthouse... lol

All that being said, I know that brand to be well spoken of, but I personally haven't laid hands on any. The pricepoint is pretty good compared to going the route of the cuboid which would be around (mod 40+2 batteries 13+ 2 bay charger 20) ~70bux.

Features and Specs:

• 510 Threaded
  • Dimensions: 3-1/16"L x 1-3/8"W x 7/8"D
  • Size: 36.2mm*22.3mm*77.3mm
  • Capacity: 2600mAh
  • Rated output wattage: 1-40W
  • Rated resistance range: 0.05-1ohm (TC mode), 0.15-3.5ohm (VW mode)
  • Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉ (TC mode)
  • Clear OLED display
  • Accurate reading of resistance: The reading of resistance becomes more accurate with the number down to the second decimal point.
  • Stainless steel threads and spring connector
  • Micro USB Charging Port

You know it's time for a coil change when you notice a drastic change in flavor, less vapor, and a burnt cotton taste.

Many things will effect this, I'm killing coils every 3 days here lately, and I'm down to 2 reasons. Bum coils, or my juice source. I'm getting ready to re-order some coils and get juice from mt baker vs my local source and see if there is a difference...