LG Batts

cany

Stopped at the local B&M to replace my batt that just died. He showed me this   There is no mention of LG on the box only 18650 HG2. The batt had this sticker on it and the batt had the Numbers on it. Is this any good and why no mention of LG anywhere?

323newbatt.jpg

It says LG with the first 2 letters, they look exactly like the LG hg2 batteries that I have, and I have 8 of them all bought from a reputable dealer (IMR batteries.com)

Edited by FXRich

They legit. The first 4 batteries I got had the white sticker on them, the second which I got last month have a silver sticker on them. but still the same battery. Sweetvapes and Vape NW both have good pics of the LG HG2 battery. Very good battery IMO.

Most sites sell them for about $10.00, IMR has them for $8.00 each. Don't know what your local B&M sells them for, but you won't be paying shipping if you get them from a local B&M.

2 hours ago, Bebop said:

I've got 8 of those babies.  They're awesome.

I really like them too.  I really like the Samsung 30Q also.  It's amperage (CDR) not rated as high as the HG2, but Mooch's tests put them nearly dead even with the HG2.  I am getting equivalent life out of them for a little less money.  I am currently running 6 of each and very pleased with both.

Even though the MFG rates it at a 15A battery, Mooch says it is a good 20A battery.  He is so conservative in his testing, I feel safe recommending it as a 20A battery.  I personally never vape that high any more.  At 50 watts and a single sell I am pushing close to 15, but normally I am never above 25 watts.  If I need to go higher, I use a 2 cell mod.  2 cells at 100 watts is in close to 15A.  If I still need more, I use the 3 cell mod.  3 cells at 150 watts is close to 15A.  If I need more than 150 watts.... never mind....  I don't need over 150 watts.  If I did I guess I would throw the HB6's in it.

Samsung 30q - Liion Wholesale - $6.75

Samsung 30q - Illumn - $6.00

Mooch's Testing - Samsung 30Q vs LG HG2 Shootout Round 2 Results...they're still equal performers

I'm running 28 batteries right now... ten (blue) Samsung 25R, a dozen LG HE2, four Sony VTC4, and a pair of LG HG2.  I must admit I like them all, and as my aging Samsung and Sony begin to die-off, I'll likely replace them with LG HG2, more HE2, or Samsung 30Q.  I worry far less about the Amps these days because I rarely go over 40W, and welcome a little more life between charges ;)

BTW, 101Vape has great sales on authentic batteries every so often.... I paid $7/pr for HE2 and $9/pr for HG2 on their last sale.  I'm pretty sure I was practically stealing them at those prices :)

Their current (everyday) prices:

LG HE2 - $10/pr
LG HG2 - $13/pr (out of stock)
Samsung 25R (blue) - $12/pr (out of stock)
Samsung 25R (green) - $12/pr
Samsung 30Q (pink) - $14/pr

Edited by Earthling789

I am just like @Earthling789.  I am up over 30 batteries, and really don't have one I don't like.  They each have their place.

HB2s, HB6s, and VTC3s are all for my high wattage usage, which is seldom.

VTC4s and HD2s are my mid range batteries, and don't see much use.

I use my 25Rs, HE2s, HE4s, 30Qs, and HG2s are my daily use batteries.  I don't pick and choose, I just grab the next ones and throw it in my battery case or mod.  They all work great.  The 30Qs and HG2s do last noticeably longer.  I also will be replacing the every day use batteries with either 30Qs and HG2s as I pay them forward, or they die.

I also have some Efest and Xtar 18650s 18500s and 18350s that I haven't used in a long time.  I keep them charged, you know, backups for backups....