Buying vape gear/e-liquids in other states

I was wondering if I would be able to purchase vape gear and e-liquids with 0mg nicotine in a state that has a different age restriction than the one I am a resident of. I live in a state where you can be 18 to purchase tobacco products and vaporizers, but in the state I'm visiting the age is 21 and I'm not yet. I'm sure I can't, but since I'm not a resident of Missouri, would I be able to purchase anything? Slightly dumb question, but this is my first encounter with a different age law. 

If you are in a vape shop, they will ask for your ID to verify your age. Sorry but you are out of luck. If you are buying online, you will be asked to verify your birth date when entering the website. Some states are now requiring ID verification, and you will need to scan and send a copy of your driver's license/state ID in order to buy. 

@BirdDog I've been in plenty of vape shops before so I know they ask for ID. I usually don't buy online since I have many shops around me that carry what I desire. I still might give it a shot, since the law in the city I'm in might just be for residents here and not in other states. I probably can't, but it doesn't hurt to ask them since I have proof on my ID of residency in a state where selling tobacco is 18 and up. 

7 hours ago, darkersideofwild said:

@BirdDog I've been in plenty of vape shops before so I know they ask for ID. I usually don't buy online since I have many shops around me that carry what I desire. I still might give it a shot, since the law in the city I'm in might just be for residents here and not in other states. I probably can't, but it doesn't hurt to ask them since I have proof on my ID of residency in a state where selling tobacco is 18 and up. 

You can try, but likely won't be successful, unless the person at the shop doesn't do their job, which could cost the business their license.  They're bound by state law to check ID (unless you are obviously over 21), and you will be bound to abide by that state's age-restriction law.   This is the same as someone (18) from GA going to NYC and trying to purchase cigarettes where the law says you must be 21... you can't do it (legally) just because you're from another state where 18 is the minimum age.

Sorry, but your best bet is to buy what you need in YOUR state and take it with you to MO.  Even buying online will be an issue, because they cannot ship to MO to someone under 21 (but can ship to your home address because your state allows 18+ purchases)... again, sellers are bound to honor state's age-restrictions.  Also, many online sellers will only allow shipping to the same address (or zip-code) as your CC (address on file) you use... so buying online may restrict you to having purchases shipped to your home address, anyway?

Edited by Earthling789

@Earthling789 thank you! I luckily have enough for the rest of my trip, but they have some great deals at a local shop. I figured I couldn't because I imagine it goes for anyone, but it was worth a shot. I found out it actually isn't all of MO either - just some of the cities and unfortunately the one I'm in has the 21+.