I'm flying in less then a month, and I was wondering how flying with vape gear goes. I know you can't bring the battery in your checked bag, but a friend told me that you have to bring everything in your carry on now (as of 2015), which I was planning on doing anyway. I'm assuming you have to take the vape apart during the TSA security check. I already know any liquids I bring has to be under 100ml, and I'm only bring three or four 15ml bottles (one 150mg CBD and two or three flavors) so I'm not too worried. Has your gear ever been confiscated? Can you vape in the airport (I'm aware you can't once on the plane)? I've got medical conditions the CBD helps so I wanted to vape while I'm waiting to board. Any other advice on flying with gear?

You pretty much have it although no one hss ever made me take anything apart.  Frankly it's ust been ignored.  They know what it is.  I just put everything in s clear baggie in my carry on and send it through the scanner.  No biggie.  I haven't flown in a couple of months.

I vape discreetly in the airport but i dont blow clouds and I bring a higher pg content to minimize it.  That's about it.

If you vape inside an airport, you can always go into a stall in the bathroom. Hold the vapor in for around ten seconds. When you exhale, there's usually very little to no vapor at all. Stealth vaping.  :) 

I recently took a vacation to Disneyland. This was my first trip on a plane in 16 years. I have to admit I was a bit nervous going through the new security protocol. I made sure to look up all the new TSA rules and procedures. I do have to compliment the TSA and their instructions. It was pretty simple to understand, someone did get the memo and wrote it for stupid people. My dad told me one time, in business, always write down instructions/memos so the stupidest person in your office will understand. lol

I opted to take my Spinners and EVOD tanks. I wouldn't be heart broken if these were confiscated. I filled one tank and disconnected it from the battery. I did this for safety, just in case the battery decided to do it's own thing. I put the batteries and tanks in my back pack. I put the charger and liquid in my check in luggage. I stuck two 15ml bottles in with my cosmetics. Not a problem and I didn't get stopped or have my checked bag opened. I used a TSA approved lock, with open alert, on my checked bag. I really did the lock out of curiosity, I don't put valuables in my luggage. I didn't need to vape in the airport, I am one of those weird chain vapers that can go 8 hours without it. I smoked cigs the same way.

I didn't plan on vaping while in Disneyland. I only saw one person puffing away the whole 3 days I was there. I was also surprised at the small amount of smokers in the park.

Good luck. Enjoy your journey.

@Bebop thank you! I don't blow clouds in public anyway, and the airport I'm flying out of luckily allows vaping in all terminals when I checked earlier. I don't know about the other ones, but I'm hoping they do too. 

@Tam thanks for the advice! I checked with where I'm flying out of so far, and they allow vaping in all terminals. I usually don't blow clouds in public, I try not to bug anyone with it or make it noticeable. 

@BirdDog thank you! I'll have to check out their guidelines. I didn't think it would be a problem, and I'm glad to hear it isn't. TSA is a ***** at my airport so I hope they won't stop me just for the hell of it. It's happened before because I have metal rods drilled into my entire spine and the person had some weird thing against me being disabled.