What is the best tank?

kashley

• 2 weeks later...

Tam recommended the Triton v2 to me, but the seller I wanted to use did not have the coils I wanted for it.  They did have a Triton Mini with Clapton 1.8 ohm coils.  Wow, this little tank is a beast.  Super clean vape, great tank and built extremely well.  Its my go-to morning vape since I have a coffee juice in it (Cyber Cafe Royale).  No spitback, gurgling at all.  One of my next purchases will be a v2 tank though.

Once in a while mine will gurgle. I just take off the drip tip, insert a Q-tip and lightly dab. Take out Q-tip, do a light drag/pull with no power, dab with Q-tip again. Repeat a few times and gurgle is gone. 

Glad you're liking the Triton mini. These are wonderful tanks in my opinion.  :)

The Triton Mini is basically a top-fill version of the Nautilus Mini.  Both use the same coils, actually.  We've not had the Triton Mini long, but I do like the top-fill as well as the rugged design of it... kinda reminds me of the Subtank Nano or AeroTank from Kanger.  My only real complaint is the 2ml capacity!  I get 2.5ml in my Aerotanks, and they are proven rugged (and the coils are cheaper, too).

As for the 1.8 Ohm Claptons, my SO has used them, and says they are pretty good for flavor and vapor production.  I prefer the 1.2 Ohm Kanthal, but I like 1.2 and 1.5 Ohm in my Subtanks and Aerotanks too...   For right now, the SO is using 1.6 Ohm Nautilus coils just fine it the Triton Mini, but we do have half-a-dozen boxes of those, so why buy more? right?  Also, I'm not sure about the Triton Mini specific coils, but if they last as short as the full-size Triton coils, we'll keep using Nautilus coils in it... The full-size Triton coils hold out for 20-25ml of juice before they get tight or burnt-tasting... the Nautilus coils last 50-75ml, consistently!

20 minutes ago, Tam said:

@Earthling789  Do the Nautilus coils fit in the full sized Triton?

Nope, sorry Tam... they do not :(

I didn't realize the Nautilus coils fit the Triton Mini until I got ready to order new coils... and read the notes at the bottom of most seller's info, where they list compatible tanks.

From Sweet-Vapes:

Compatible With:

Nautilus & Nautilus Mini

Triton Mini 

1 minute ago, Earthling789 said:

Nope, sorry Tam... they do not :(

I didn't realize the Nautilus coils fit the Triton Mini until I got ready to order new coils... and read the notes at the bottom of most seller's info, where they list compatible tanks.

From Sweet-Vapes:

Compatible With:

Nautilus & Nautilus Mini

Triton Mini 

Well, it was worth asking about. Thanks!  :)

@Tam Yeah, it would be nice if they did...

That's why I referred to the Triton Mini as a Top-fill Nautilus Mini (with larger air-flow)... basically, that is exactly what they are... 

I only wish the Triton Minis were larger in capacity and coils were cheaper!  I paid $5/pack for my last 10 boxes of Subtank Mini (horizontal 1.2 Ohm) coils, and the Subtank mini will also use the Aerotank (BDC) coils just fine, if necessary.

• 4 weeks later...