Welcome to Vapor Talk!

What are you using today?

Some good (and affordable) TC devices in the 40-75W range are the Wismec Presa 75W-TC ($35), Cloupor Mini Plus 50W-TC ($30), and the newest Kangertech SubBox Mini (kit) 75W-TC ($50).  There are others out there, but these are the ones I have, so I'm familiar with them.  I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites....

I may not be the right person to recommend something because all I have is Kanger stuff, except a couple of Davide tanks, which use Kanger coils. At the moment I'm using a Kanger 75w TC which is very user friendly. The Kanger TC lets you use a wider range of coils in TC Ni, Ti, SS, and NiCr, some say you can also use Kanthal when in NiCr mode. A Kanger Subox 75w TC Kit includes everything to get you started at a good price, except the 18650 battery. it even includes the RBA if you want to build your own coils.

I have suggest you Vaporfi VOX 100 TC (Sub Ohm) – 100 Watts –  If you want a top quality mod from an excellent brand, to either have complete control of your vaping experience, or to blow huge vapor clouds, this is the mod for you.

VaporFi VOX 100 TC MODHighlights: 

Adjustable Power Output From 7-100 Watts
Internal 4500 mAh Battery
Digital OLED Screen
Fires Down To 0.05 Ohms in TC Mode
Temperature Range 200-600 Degrees Fahrenheit
510 Threaded Spring Loaded Connection Pin
Protection: Reverse Battery, Short Circuit, Low Voltage and Low Resistance
Can adjust from 7-50 watts
3 month warranty

Not knocking it, because I've never tried one... but it always strikes me as funny when the description lists "Internal 4500mAh Battery" and "Protection: Reverse Battery..." and my personal favorites... "Adjustable Power Output from 7-100 Watts" in the first line... and the next to the last lists "Can adjust from 7-50 watts" :D 

I find contradictions a red-flag in the QC department if they can't even get their spec-sheet correct...

Edited by Earthling789

6 hours ago, Stephaneworster said:

I like Box Mods of Pioneer4You. like IPV Mini and IPV D2TC Mods.

Ditto...

I have both of them and they are great!  I think that is why I like the Wismec Presa 75.  It fits my hand  much like the D2.  I still have not got the D3 yet, but I may if the price drops.

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely on the rx200 bandwagon. I love it because of the battery life, and the wide range of options of things you can do with it doesn't hurt even tho I'm not big on the temp control stuff (yet continue to get it to work with premade coils and usually regret it) and it fits the hand sooooooo well. 

I have a fuchai too and it fits almost as well as the rx200, but with only 2 batteries, I found myself pacing to keep from dying at work. The TC on it brings the fail tho. Way too cold.

I have a snow wolf, and it's my house queen right now, I'm not terribly impressed with it. It is a nice functional box, does TC (better than the fuchai) and the fuchai seems to edge it out on battery life.

I'm currently looking into getting a couple of cuboids. They are smaller, seem to be well constructed, and I'm a fan of bigger screens. Plus cheap and all the wattage you could want 150. (But I've seen it said that with a firmware upgrade it'll do 200w.)

• 1 year later...

Personally, I'm a SIGELEI guy... all my mods are SIGELEI, check out my collection 

so far these mods have taken beatings like no other... this is a video that showcases my

mods that I did for a contest a while back, but you can see the conditions they are in and they all work fine!