New EVOD blinking red light

troy

So i just bought my first evod its not an expensive 1 just a cheaper starting kit, it works fine for a bit but if i turn it off and come back half hour later it fires for a second then just blinks red for a few seconds the only way ive been able to bypass it so far is by taking it all apart and drying each piece but im not sure that is the problem as sometimes that doesnt work, but if it is the problem how do i avoid that happening and if it isnt the problem what is the problem?

that actually extremely helpfull i didnt think it was charging before because i was going off the green light on the battery didnt know the charger had a green light, im almost convinced this is why its stopped working based on that page, thanks again :)

Let it charge but do NOT leave it charging unattended (ie. while you're sleeping). You never know if something goes wrong and you don't want to have it vent while you're asleep.

Post again to let us know if charging took care of your problem?

the charger light actually has just gone green now, surely if the battery was dead it wouldnt be fully charged already? im confused now :S

its working now that ive taken it off charge, but if it was dead whyd it charge so fast? it wasnt even plugged into a wall socket it was in a usb port on my pc

The center pin getting pushed down can happen at any time because they do not have the spring loaded ones that some of the other batteries do. I've had a few eGo style batteries have the pin pushed down when I bought them.

ive tried rasing it and putting it back on charge, from your experience then whats the best vaping device i can get without going superrr expensive? i mean i only bought this as a temporary thing to start up

It could be that you just got a bad one, that does happen sometimes because China isn't the best with quality control. It could be that the battery needs to be charged. It could be a bad coil. It could be the center pin needed to be raised in order to make a connection to the coil. It could be that your battery needs to be charged but your charger is faulty. It could be... many things... one of them being that you got a bad one.

The EVOD battery and tank are good for beginners to get some experience and to learn about vaping. I don't know what kind of EVOD battery you have, but I would recommend at the very least, to get a variable voltage style. I still use my Vision Spinner (the first version) every so often. Vision Spinners are like the EVODs.

Depending on how much money you want to spend, there are many experienced vapers on this forum who can recommend a whole bunch of different batteries. In my opinion, I'd tell you to start simple until you learn about vaping just to keep it safe. Once you get a little experience, then I would look at more advanced stuff. Whatever you decide, I would warn you away from sub-ohm tanks and coils until you learn the basics first. That's just my opinion.  :) 

ill have to go speak to the guy at shop and see if he would be willing to switch it out for a new 1 then, i do want to stick to the basics i just want something that will work so would you reccomend just sticking with this type and just upgrading the battery then?

Go back to the shop and ask the guy to replace your kit with another one of the same type. Have the guy at the shop set it all up for you and you stay there and vape for awhile to make sure it works right. That's what I would do. 

Do you know what the resistance of the coil is that you're using? Does your battery have a twisty thing on the bottom so you can control how much power it's putting out? What's the PG/VG ratio of your juice? What nicotine level do you use?

ill try that :)

i dont know about any of those things really im very much in the dark on the whole ecig world it doesnt have a variable power thingy tho and its low strengh stuff 11mg,

ive actually noticed that the pin the video showed me to raise is getting liquid on it somehow i feel like thats not meant to happen

With an EVOD coil, there will be some leaking from the bottom of the coil, that's normal. Just make sure to clean it periodically and keep it clean. Be sure to clean the connection end of the charger as well.

Go through and read some of the threads on the New Vapers, ask a question and the General Discussion parts. You'll learn a lot. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's how we learn.  :)

If your EVOD doesn't have a little knob at the end to turn the volts up and down, I would suggest you upgrade to one that does. You said that you didn't know what the resistance is of the coil you're using. I would suggest you get a 5-pack of 1.8 ohm coils when you go back to the shop tomorrow. Always have back ups. I can't stress that enough. Have an extra battery, an extra charger, more tanks, more coils, another charger... You'll never be sorry that you have too many back ups. Seriously.  :)

11 mg of nicotine is about middle of the road. Are you vaping to quit smoking cigarettes? If so, how much did you smoke? There are many variables that will decide what nic level you want.

I wouldn't go with a kit like that, that tank looks like a knock off of an old CE4 or CE5, which are pretty much junk. Go for something like this:

http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-evod-twist-battery-1000mah-black/

That's a 1000 mAh variable voltage battery so it should last all day before needing to charge.

This link here: http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-mini-protank-3-clear/

is for a Kanger Pro Tank 3 mini.

Get the 5-pack 1.8 ohm coils here:  http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-protank-evod-coil-replacement-5-pack-1-8ohms-1/

That would be a good starter kit for anyone who is just learning about things. Then, before long you'll want to get more advanced stuff but by then you'll have a good idea what you'll be looking for.  :)