rx 200 3.0

6 hours ago, VaporTron said:

Got this from the wismec fb page for the rx 200

I have been running V3.0 on my Evic VTC minis, my Wismec Presa 75W (with the Evic software on it), and my RX 200, and I will say it is a great update.  I have not applied the Wismec version to the other Presa yet, I will try to get it done this weekend.

The ability to change the TCR has made a huge difference.  I have been using the crown SS coils in SS mode and it didn't work great, but the ability to change the TCR has made them my favorite premade coil.

I have still never ordered the SS wire, I need to get it done.  The Titanium has been working so good for me in the NEBOX, I just haven't done it.

• 4 weeks later...

When I got my rx200 the 3.0 update was just released, and what I've found is that the stock nickel mode doesn't work well with the triforce ni200 coils. Just the other day I finally found a post somewhere that suggested adjusting the tcr to the 600 range and it's actually working now. Although if I turn the temp up or wattage up it still kicks dry hits. But so long as I keep them down, it hits fine.

Right now I'm running 60watts at 470-490 degrees and that seems to be the sweet spot.

To contrast that I can't run TC on my fuchai, because I can't change the TCR. The stock preset just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if it's because the triforce's ni200 coil is so huge or what.

21 minutes ago, hicksvilleshick said:

When I got my rx200 the 3.0 update was just released, and what I've found is that the stock nickel mode doesn't work well with the triforce ni200 coils. Just the other day I finally found a post somewhere that suggested adjusting the tcr to the 600 range and it's actually working now. Although if I turn the temp up or wattage up it still kicks dry hits. But so long as I keep them down, it hits fine.

Right now I'm running 60watts at 470-490 degrees and that seems to be the sweet spot.

To contrast that I can't run TC on my fuchai, because I can't change the TCR. The stock preset just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if it's because the triforce's ni200 coil is so huge or what.

I have never used Ni200 mode on my RX200.  I do use a custom TCR for my SS Crown and Ti01 RBA coils though.  470-490 is right on the edge of burning the cotton.  I run mine in the same range, so when it runs dry, it still trys to maintain that temp, which is hot enough to burn cotton.  The 425 range is much better to prevent dry hits, but I find it a bit too cool.  I have no experience with the Fuchai.

Yeah the way I understood it cotton burns at about 420...

As it turns out that coil was short lived... I got yesterday afternoon and this morning out of it before all it was doing was throwing cotton flavored hits... Ugh.

Replaced it with a kanthal coil cause I wanted to try the same juice thru it. I'll revisit the ni200 later I guess. lol