adjustable air flow tank

hotrod351

well i really like my natulius tank with the adjustable air flow and want another adjustable air flow tank but maybe one that is top filling. looked at the triton but after checking reviews and seeing that most end up leaking i changed my mind. call me dumb because i should just get another natulius but id to try something different. not into sub Ohm, but do like the adjustable air flow feature.

The reviews you saw, which version was it for -- the original or version 2?

The first version, I had major problems with the center chimney but never any leaking. As for the Triton V2, I have three of them in constant rotation and no leaks on any of them. The only "problem" I've had is with the top fill heat sink being a little hard to get unscrewed but if I use a little rubber mat for grip, it comes right off. The 1.8 ohm coils are what I get because I don't care for sub-ohm either. I like them so much I just ordered two more for back ups.  :)

I have a V1 and a V2, and never had any leaks from either Triton!  Like Tam said, the V1 had issues with the center not opening enough to let juice flow to the coil (not on all of them, but enough of them to know there was an issue)... and the V2 sometimes has issues with the heat-sync locking-up threading (probably due to heat expansion).  But, neither leak...   I got more leakage from my Nautilus, but my SO has been using it for 4-5 months now, and never experienced a leak yet... so the leakage must have just been "my" juice or lack of regular use?

There are plenty of good air-flow tanks out there, but many of them are designed for sub-ohm (although plus-ohm coils can be found for them), and most all of them are bottom-fill.  The Kanger sub-tank mini is one of my favorites... great air-flow, can use 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm coils if you don't wan to sub-ohm, can use RBA deck to personalize your coil/resistance/wick, decent capacity, but yes, bottom-fill...

Where are these leaks coming from? Usually, when I hear of a leak it's in the connection to the battery part of the tank (bottom of the coil), but on the Triton V1 and V2, the bottom is sealed. Are you talking about leaking into the center post that causes gurgling? There is a little bit of that but a quick dab with a Q-tip takes care of it nicely and it doesn't happen often.

Be careful when you read about tanks being bad.  Everyone will post when they don't work, but, very few will post when they are good.

Top fill tanks are prone to leak more because you open the top and loose the vacuum in the tank.  I very rarely have tank leaks, unless I get them too low (looses vacuum), let them get too hot (viscosity of juice will get thin), or wick them incorrectly (RBA).

Most of todays tanks seem to work better with a higher VG than PG.  If people don't do their research and buy some thin juice, they tend to leak.

Sorry for going on and on.  I don't have a Triton or Triton 2, but have learned that most of the vape related problems we cause ourselves...not all, but most.

Kanger is changing to a top fill subtank, not sure when they will be available, but not sure if it will be a good thing or not. I have a good stock of subtank minis and Nanos, but might order a few more. Don't matter to me if I unscrew the top or the bottom to fill it. I like to check the coil when I refill so the bottom fill is good for me. I think most people might overfill the top fill tanks, and not leave enough air space.

7 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Kanger is changing to a top fill subtank, not sure when they will be available, but not sure if it will be a good thing or not. I have a good stock of subtank minis and Nanos, but might order a few more. Don't matter to me if I unscrew the top or the bottom to fill it. I like to check the coil when I refill so the bottom fill is good for me. I think most people might overfill the top fill tanks, and not leave enough air space.

I really like top-fill.  You are right though, I do get a bit lazy and not check my coils, just fill and go.

Edited by jasonculp

People that have been vaping for awhile know when they need to replace the coil, or when they need to rewick. I just do it out of habit. I don't have any top fill tanks, I might like them too, only time will tell.

I think the quality of vape decreases so slowly that you don't realize how bad it gets until you recoil/rewick/replace.  I normally run the RBA on TC about a week.  When I get ready to change it, it is pretty cruddy...  It always amazes me how much better a fresh coil/wick tastes.