iStick Basic and Dovpo 50W

GRLSNGR

Good afternoon from bright, sunny southern Louisiana!!!

Last week, before I thought it through, I ordered an iStick basic which only goes up to 30W.  Right now, I vape at 40.  I had to contact eLeaf to ask how many watts the tank would go, and when I found out it topped out at 30W, I told them I would need to return it.  Since then, they've given me FITS!!!  Emails EVERY SINGLE DAY, to give me another reason why I can't return it.  Today, they told me that if the box had been opened, I would not get the refund.  I have no intention of even UNWRAPPING the mod.  It's going back the day after it arrives.  Ok, /rant.

I also ordered a Dovpo mini 50W at a great price, but I have no idea what type of coils I should/must buy.  Do any of you guys had and experience with Dovpo??

Thanks in advance,

GRLSNGER

4 minutes ago, Tam said:

What coils you get depends on what tank you get to go with it. The Dovpo mini 50W on its own is just a battery....

I'm getting a Dovpo 50W.  I'm going to return the iStick basic.

5 minutes ago, Tam said:

What coils you get depends on what tank you get to go with it. The Dovpo mini 50W on its own is just a battery....

WAIT!!!!  It's just the battery I'm paying for??  I bought 2 extra 18650 batteries when I ordered the iStick, and I'm planning to keep those!  Here's what I ordered:

Dovpo50W.jpg

14 minutes ago, GRLSNGR said:

I'm getting a Dovpo 50W.  I'm going to return the iStick basic

Yeah. You gotta top it with a tank.  Choose away. There's lots of tanks available. Then you can decide on coils.

6 minutes ago, Tam said:

If I remember correctly you ordered a couple of tanks before, right? The Triton 2 will work well with your new Dovpo, wasn't there something else like an Arctic tank or something like that?

No, the only other tank I have is a Clearomizer 3

Really, REALLY want a Triton 2.  Looking for the best price online.

9 hours ago, GRLSNGR said:

Good afternoon from bright, sunny southern Louisiana!!!

Last week, before I thought it through, I ordered an iStick basic which only goes up to 30W.  Right now, I vape at 40.  I had to contact eLeaf to ask how many watts the tank would go, and when I found out it topped out at 30W, I told them I would need to return it.  Since then, they've given me FITS!!!  Emails EVERY SINGLE DAY, to give me another reason why I can't return it.  Today, they told me that if the box had been opened, I would not get the refund.  I have no intention of even UNWRAPPING the mod.  It's going back the day after it arrives.  Ok, /rant.

I also ordered a Dovpo mini 50W at a great price, but I have no idea what type of coils I should/must buy.  Do any of you guys had and experience with Dovpo??

Thanks in advance,

GRLSNGER

I have had several Dovpo units ( E-Mech, GX200, Guardian 1.5 and Punisher 80). Most of them have long since been PIF'd (given away to friends) and they are all performing well from what they tell me. I did keep one E-Mech for emergency power bank duty :lol:, and a couple of Punisher 80s.

Thanks so much iQuit!!!!  I've been waiting patiently for my Dovpo that I THOUGHT was coming from inside the Country... WRONG...... THE DARN THING IS IN SINGAPORE!!!  I'm so frustrated with these people I could chew railroad ties!!  I paid for 2 day shipping, but I have a feeling if I see it at all, it'll be closer to the middle of next month.  Next tume, I'll be VERY careful who I order from.

Thanks Compenstine!!  Thank goodness it's being shipped by DHL, but even though the TICKET WAS PRINTED on Christmas day, but it has never been received by DHL.  I've asked for a refund, and even told them that I knew it hadn't shipped yet.  They won't cooperate, so I suppose I can kiss that cash good-by.  NEVER AGAIN!!!!  I've learned my lesson!!!

They work 24 7 it just means DHL has not scanned it yet. Did you just get the notice today that is shipped? If so give it 24hours and you will see movement. They print those tickets days in advance so it is ready to slap on the package. I have not had a DHL (Once they scan it) take longer than 4 -5 days to get it. It will be delivered by USPS in most cases once it moves it will be quick.

When ordering from Gearbest remember they do have a USA warehouse that they can ship from, but you have to check if that product is stocked in the US usually they have a little US flag in the options, sometimes the price is even less.

24 minutes ago, Compenstine said:

They work 24 7 it just means DHL has not scanned it yet. Did you just get the notice today that is shipped? If so give it 24hours and you will see movement. They print those tickets days in advance so it is ready to slap on the package. I have not had a DHL (Once they scan it) take longer than 4 -5 days to get it. It will be delivered by USPS in most cases once it moves it will be quick.

According to customer service at DHL, the package label was printed on Friday, but as of today, the package still has not reached DHL.  I've not recieved any notice of shipment from either Gearbest or DHL.  The only time Gearbest responds to me is when I try to contact them about the package.

15 minutes ago, FXRich said:

When ordering from Gearbest remember they do have a USA warehouse that they can ship from, but you have to check if that product is stocked in the US usually they have a little US flag in the options, sometimes the price is even less.

FXRich, I sure wish I had known that before I ordered.  I never saw that option.

It isn't a option for the Dovpo, But they do stock some of the more well known brands in the US like istick and Kanger stuff, like right now if you bought a Kanger subtank mini kit from China it will cost 49.98 if you get one from their US warehouse it is 10.00 cheaper.

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

It isn't a option for the Dovpo, But they do stock some of the more well known brands in the US like istick and Kanger stuff, like right now if you bought a Kanger subtank mini kit from China it will cost 49.98 if you get one from their US warehouse it is 10.00 cheaper.

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

They charged me about $25 US, and almost $13 in shipping.  I've just asked them to cancel my order and issue a refund because the package has never left their hands.

5 minutes ago, GRLSNGR said:

According to customer service at DHL, the package label was printed on Friday, but as of today, the package still has not reached DHL.  I've not recieved any notice of shipment from either Gearbest or DHL.  The only time Gearbest responds to me is when I try to contact them about the package.

It is probably still at Gearbest waiting fulfillment. Unfortunately they don't start the 2 day shipping countdown until it gets scanned at DHL. I know it sucks when you really want it or need it. I would expect that it will ship any day. Best time to check DHL tracking is around Midnight our time. If it don't show movement by Friday or before, then I would bug them again. DHL can't do anything till they get it. :)

2 minutes ago, Compenstine said:

It is probably still at Gearbest waiting fulfillment. Unfortunately they don't start the 2 day shipping countdown until it gets scanned at DHL. I know it sucks when you really want it or need it. I would expect that it will ship any day. Best time to check DHL tracking is around Midnight our time. If it don't show movement by Friday or before, then I would bug them again. DHL can't do anything till they get it. :)

Thanks.  I appreciate the good words!! :)

Not a problem I deal with Chinese vendors and some very helpful some are not. It is like that even here in the states with large companies that get thousands of orders a day. It is controlled chaos for the most part. LOL Then you have the worker that has to take calls on orders that has no clue what goes on in shipping and it can be frustrating for them too.

Anytime you get something shipped from China it takes awhile to get. My last package from China took longer to Get from SF to here (less than 500 miles) than it took from China to SF. Of course if USPS would not have routed it through Houston I might have gotten it faster.

On 12/28/2015 at 4:25 PM, Tam said:

Mt. Baker Vaper has them for $30

Thanks Tam!!!  I can't remember where I ordered the Dovpo from (old people problems), so I have no idea if and when THAT ONE will show up.  I think I'm just going to start looking for another box mod from a US company.  Going to Mt. Baker Vaper now.