My 15-year-old cousin started vaping....

vaperjuju2

12 minutes ago, vaperjuju2 said:

Is this normal?.....Don't know, but probably not all that unusual for an inquisitive teen.

you know other young teenagers who vape?...    I notice a few teens vaping.

I am worried....Will he start to smoke cigarettes? ... maybe, maybe not.  Just because he vapes doesn't automatically mean he'll try cigarettes.  He might have already been there and decided against cigs.  I'd suggest a ltitle heart-to-heart and get some answers.  You/he is the only one who can answer these questions.

Contrary to the propaganda being thrown around, I very much doubt vaping causes kids to start smoking. Most of us on this forum are former smokers. Once we get off the cigarettes for a while, we can't stand the taste of cigarettes anymore.

Like Aufin said, you should have a talk with your cousin. No accusations, no lectures, just a long talk.  :)

On 12/27/2015 at 11:31 PM, Tam said:

Contrary to the propaganda being thrown around, I very much doubt vaping causes kids to start smoking. Most of us on this forum are former smokers. Once we get off the cigarettes for a while, we can't stand the taste of cigarettes anymore.

Like Aufin said, you should have a talk with your cousin. No accusations, no lectures, just a long talk.  :)

If I had access to PVs back in the dinosaur days, I would have NEVER given in to peer pressure and started smoking.  Vaping is SO much cooler!!

On 12/27/2015 at 0:31 AM, Tam said:

Propaganda!!  All the stats being thrown about by the anti-vaping crowd ask two questions when polling teens: 1) Have you ever smoked a cigarette, and 2) Have you ever tried vaping.  If anyone answers yes to both, they assume vaping leads to smoking, regardless of if they tried smoking at 15 and vaping at 17 or vise-versa!

More reliable studies have shown that vaping does NOT lead to smoking, except in very limited cases, and statistically those are lower than than those who will start smoking even without ever hearing about vaping.

I agree, have a talk and ask the simple question of "why"!  And, please, if your cousin is determined to vape, ensure your cousin is at least using reliable equipment and 0-Nicotine juices!!  Nicotine is not carcinogenic (contrary to propaganda), but it is not healthy for a teen to start using.

Do I condone teens vaping?  No!  Mostly because all the teens I've seen vaping are only doing it to look cool, blow big annoying clouds, and do "vape-tricks".  Yes, it is better than smoking, but there are other ways to be "cool"... healthier ways...