Reuleaux rx200

cany

1 hour ago, cany said:

Thinking about getting one or the Istick 100w  paired with a Herkales Plus Any feed back on on these?

I just ordered the RX200.  I have read quite a bit about it and most are very pleased.  I think the TC learning curve has caught a few users, but you have been running TC long enough you won't have any problems.  I am starting my stockpile, and a triple 18650 looked like it would be handy at times.

I have not had an iStick since the 40Watt TC, but I personally have had great luck with them.  I have thought about snatching up a few iStick 60W to add to my stockpile.

I don't know anything about the Herakles Plus.  I do like the way it works, and I had great luck with the Herakles Ni200 (not plus) coils in my Saucecode.

I need something 100w lol I feel like Im behind the times :o  the guy at B&m where I go  was using the rx200 with the Herkales tank and he said he couldnt put it down lol he said its an awesome setup for $44 for the rx and $30 for the Herk  online I cant really pass it up:).

I was gonna get the iSTICK at first but with the RX having all the different TC options I think thats what Im gonna go for

2 hours ago, cany said:

I need something 100w lol I feel like Im behind the times :o  the guy at B&m where I go  was using the rx200 with the Herkales tank and he said he couldnt put it down lol he said its an awesome setup for $44 for the rx and $30 for the Herk  online I cant really pass it up:).

I was gonna get the iSTICK at first but with the RX having all the different TC options I think thats what Im gonna go for

Well, tell me how it is!  I ordered mine out of China, with the cheap shipping, so you may have enjoyed, and replaced yours by the time mine gets here.

1 minute ago, jasonculp said:

Well, tell me how it is!  I ordered mine out of China, with the cheap shipping, so you may have enjoyed, and replaced yours by the time mine gets here.

LOL  How much from China?

2 minutes ago, cany said:

LOL  How much from China?

I only paid $36.49.  I bought lot of other stuff too so despite the wait, I hope it pays off in the end. (It rarely has for me)  I wouldn't order off shore to save $10, but I bought 6 mods and had a discount code. They ended up costing an average of $31 each, shipped.  I got another NEBOX, (2) Wisemec 75TC, (2) VTC mini, and the RX200.

I have been in hoarding mode lately.  I got the 6 devices coming, 2 spools of wire (430SS and 317L SS), and DIY juice supplies.  I am still shopping for tanks.  I just don't have one that I trust to buy mutiples of.  I am looking at the TFV4 mini, the Crown, and the TritonV2.  I just have not pulled the trigger yet.

Boy, Jason, when you go into "hoarding mode" you do it right! LOL

Just putting my two cents in - so far I have three Triton 2 and thinking about adding a couple more. The second version corrected all the problems the first one had. It's such a great performer for me that I finally found the replacement for my beloved HH.357s that I've been stuck on for years. With a 1.8 ohm coil, it delivers the perfect mouth to lung tank. If you use the subohm coils or the TC Clapton coil, I'm sure it would deliver a great direct to lung experience as well.   :)

I really like the looks of the Triton V2, and I already have the RBA for it.  That is my main criteria for new tanks.  Must be direct lung, top fill, good factory TC coils, and an available RBA.  I was thinking about getting all 3, but I when I find a vendor that has one of the tanks cheap, they don't have the other 2....  Multiple shipping kills all of the discounts.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on the RX200...the row boat from China is a bit slow.

I really like the looks of the the Herakles Plus.  I have just spent way too much this month.

Let us know how it works, I might have to break the budget (even more) and pick on up.

2 hours ago, jasonculp said:

I am still waiting on the RX200...the row boat from China is a bit slow.

I really like the looks of the the Herakles Plus.  I have just spent way too much this month.

Let us know how it works, I might have to break the budget (even more) and pick on up.

It's the slow boat from China, the row boat is much faster.  :D

2 hours ago, Tam said:

It's the slow boat from China, the row boat is much faster.  :D

lol...  I was trying to be funny with the rhyme....didn't work I guess...  :blush:

Slow can't describe some of these companies!  For once it looks like the hold up on the two orders I have out are the USPS.

Shipping is the bane of my existence, lol... I ordered something from Lexington before Christmas and it took 8 days to deliver via UPS, and I could have drove to pick it up in less than an hour :(

The last few things I've ordered from China (even through Amazon) have delivered fairly quick... 5-9 days, but they usually go through Europe when they are delivered that fast.  Anything that crosses the Pacific usually gets held up in customs for weeks at a time, or it goes to South America and gets delivered by pack-mule lol

8 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Shipping is the bane of my existence, lol... I ordered something from Lexington before Christmas and it took 8 days to deliver via UPS, and I could have drove to pick it up in less than an hour :(

The last few things I've ordered from China (even through Amazon) have delivered fairly quick... 5-9 days, but they usually go through Europe when they are delivered that fast.  Anything that crosses the Pacific usually gets held up in customs for weeks at a time, or it goes to South America and gets delivered by pack-mule lol

I am really just griping.  It all is arriving faster than normal, especially for standard shipping.  I am kinda mad that one package was sent with a signature required.  This really sucks.  The little town I live in does not have mail delivery, only PO boxes.  Any time the post office is open, I am at work.  I have to call in and go in 30-45 minutes late, just to sign for a package....

So far so good on mine.  I am very please with the way this thing fits in my hand.  It is surprisingly easy to hold, especially for a triple 18650 mod.

The crown with the .25ohm SS coil seems to be a great tank.  The TCR for 316SS coil doesn't seem to accurate.  I have it set at 40 watts and 560F.  It will produce some massive vapor, and the airflow is great, but the vape is very cool.  It is bumping the temp protection, but is very cool.  It is strange.  I guess it could be that it has so much airflow, and I have been running the NEBOX which has much less airflow.

So far so good on mine.  I am very please with the way this thing fits in my hand.  It is surprisingly easy to hold, especially for a triple 18650 mod.

The crown with the .25ohm SS coil seems to be a great tank.  The TCR for 316SS coil doesn't seem to accurate.  I have it set at 40 watts and 560F.  It will produce some massive vapor, and the airflow is great, but the vape is very cool.  It is bumping the temp protection, but is very cool.  It is strange.  I guess it could be that it has so much airflow, and I have been running the NEBOX which has much less airflow.

I believe the rx200 tcr for ss is set to ss 304

Caution a bunch of nerdy crap ahead!

TCR is Temperature Coefficient of Resistance.  This is a value that tells the mod how much the resistance will change in the coil compared to the change in temperature.

Ni200 has a TCR of 6000 X 106             A .175 ohm coil at 58F will be at 2.68 ohms at 572F.

SS304 has a TCR of 1016 X 106         A 1 ohm coil at 58F will be at 1.28 ohms at 572F.

Kanthal has a TCR of 2 X 106             A 1 ohm coil at 58F will be at 1.0007 ohms at 572F.

So the higher the TCR the more relative change in ohms as it heats up.  This is why Ni200 is still the most accurate as it changes more (higher TCR) as it heats up.

Some mods let you custom tune the TCR such as DNA200 or Joyetech VTC mini to make it more accurate based on the wire you are using.

If a mods TCR is set for 304SS (1016 X106) it thinks a .5 ohm coil is 572F when it hits 1.2844 ohms BUT, if you are using 316SS it will be 470F at the same 1.2844 ohms, because it has a TCR of 880 X 106.

I hope that isn't too confusing.

1 hour ago, cany said:

Thanks Jason  I now know and realize there are certain things that I dont need to know or apply too me :thumbup:

I understand! 

I think all of this stuff is interesting, but not something that I really use every day.  I don't care what my mod it set at, or how one is different from the other.  If it is too hot....I turn it down.  If it is too cold....I turn it up.  No matter what the manufacturers, and reviewers say this stuff isn't that accurate.  The only thing I expect is for it to be consistent, not necessarily from mod to mod or tank to tank, but when I push the button it gives me a uniform vape from the top of the tank to the bottom.  I also want it to keep from blowing the top of my head off with a bad dry hit.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the technology, the numbers and all of the associated nerdy stuff, but for day to day use, give me a good consistent vape, and I am happy!