Recommendations?

One of my IStick 50w units is acting crazy. We have 4 in rotation and this is the first one to do anything like this. It will fire with the slightest touch to the fire button and changes itself between W and V seemingly on its own and will just turn off for no apparent reason. When I turn it back on it works fine but is happening regularly enough I am considering replacing it with something comparable price $40-$50.

What is important to me:

#1 is long battery life the main reason I bought these in the first place

I use 1.6 ohm coils nothing below that and vape at 10 watts so sub ohm capabilities matter 0 to me

Tough and dependable

Battery life indicator and digital resistance indicator we well as display of W and V is handy

Not a deal breaker but prefer something with a silicone case available for it I like how the cases for my ISticks make them easier to grip and less slippery.

Recommendations? 

Does it matter if the battery is enclosed or removable?

Right now I have six iStick 50W in rotation and none of them have given me problems like you describe. Maybe you just got a bad one? I know there have been reports of major problems with these by others. Quality assurance needs to be upgraded.

Yea it's weird these have been so rock solid for me. I may have dropped it or banged it in something it's been in use over 6 months with no issues then all of a sudden it started acting up.

Should have added that as well it would have to have its own enclosed battery. I will most likely just order another one if this one keeps giving me issues but I am a little removed from what is out there since I tend to stick with the same thing and use the "If it's not broke don't fix it" approach. I have one sitting in my cart at Sweet-Vapes but haven't pulled the trigger yet. $39 is a good price but I keep thinking I will get a coupon code this week. I always seem to get one emailed just after I make an order lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

50 minutes ago, bcartervol98 said:

Yea it's weird these have been so rock solid for me. I may have dropped it or banged it in something it's been in use over 6 months with no issues then all of a sudden it started acting up.

Should have added that as well it would have to have its own enclosed battery. I will most likely just order another one if this one keeps giving me issues but I am a little removed from what is out there since I tend to stick with the same thing and use the "If it's not broke don't fix it" approach. I have one sitting in my cart at Sweet-Vapes but haven't pulled the trigger yet. $39 is a good price but I keep thinking I will get a coupon code this week. I always seem to get one emailed just after I make an order lol.

It isn't much help, but iStick 50 is kinda in a class by itself right now.  The only thing close is the Joytech VTC in my opinion.  If I had to choose between the two myself, the iStick would probably win.  Low price, great battery life, and it's simple to use.  The only thing the VTC has over it is possibly style points, with the big screen, cool paint, and thumb wheel, and nerd appeal with the TC, which is not a plus by some standards.

From what I've seen lately, all the new mods that are coming out are the ones where the batteries are removable. Like you, I prefer the battery enclosed, it's so much more convenient for me. Then, with all the different wraps...  :D

One of my wife's isticks 50 did almost the exact same thing. We trashed it for safety reasons. It wasnt that old. Maybe 6mos? And it was in a rotation. Anyway started with a faulty intermittent button and quickly went down hill from there.  Shame because it's got a lot of great features. I am hesitant to just replace it with another but she also loves the "no battery" feature. 

I don't know of a reliable substitute. 

I don't have a suggestion for replacement, but I would be really interested in a teardown to see what the switch looks like. My istick 50 sometimes swaps from watts to volts too, none of the powering off though. I have always thought it was because the button was so much stiffer than all the oher boxes I use, and I was unknowingly clicking the button rather than holding it in.

Went ahead and ordered another 50w. Now in the next 24 hours I will probably get a 20% off equipment email from Sweet-Vapes lol. Just concerned about the safety with the one malfunctioning. Think I will just take it out of the rotation and dispose of it properly. Never really liked the blue one anyway haha.

B, I know you just ordered another iStick 50W, but we're really liking the Wismec Presa 40W...  Yes, they are smaller in size and battery (only 2600mAh), but the three we have are working well, and zero issues!  They charge pretty fast, too... about 2-hrs compared to 5-hrs for the iStick, and they hold a full-size Nautilus, Triton2, or Subtank-mini like they were made for them :)