IStick 50w Threading

Having an issue I have never had. When I filled my tank this morning and plugged in my almost dead IStick and grabbed my other one I rotate and my tank would not screw onto the battery. I have never had this happen before. Eventually I got it to screw on by pressing down harder than usual and have done the same a couple times. It fires fine, my concern is I will take it off to fill it and not be able to attach it back and be screwed (no pun intended) lol.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Actually compare it to a friends Nautilus at work and it screws in just fine on my battery and mine just spins. I think its my base and I have over a dozen at home so should be good...I hope lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

No, I've never had that problem with any of my iStick 50W, but I have seen that a few others have. If I remember correctly, they put on a 510 to 510 adapter for a quick fix. It doesn't look pretty but gets the job done. Sorry you're having this problem, B.

B, the iStick 50W has SS threads, so stripping them out should be dang hard to do.  Sounds like you nailed the issue... it seems to be the threading on your tank is the problem.  Are you using the Davide tanks with the iStick?  I don't think they are solid SS... they may be plated brass?  I could be wrong, but I know the few I use seem to be very soft threading, compared to the all steel Air-flow bases I use on my Kanger tanks.

Yea I have to force it on but I screwed a friends Nautilus and the IStick 510-Ego adapter and they were just fine. it seems it is the base. Luckily I have a box of spare Davide parts at home and a new base should correct the issue. The tank will not screw into any of my Spinner backups at all and I have to force it onto my Istick and the draw is tight as hell but still works. Will get me through till I get home after work at 6 to replace the base. When you think you have ALL the backups at work you need the need arises for a tank base lol.