Battery light staying on

Morgan

I have a vaporfi pro 1000 mah battery and I was enjoying vaping for my first time but then the bottom I press to realse the vapor lit up like usual but it stayed on and I wasn't able to vape anymore I assumed it needed to be charged so I proceeded to do that and even while it was charging it was still lit up and once it finished charging STILL it was lit up and I am unable to vape can someone pleeeaaaasssee help me I just joined the forum to ask this question

Edited by Morgan
Misspelling

Sounds to me like your button has gone bad. If it is new (within a week) contact the vendor you got it from and see if it is still under warranty. If so just exchange it. Other wise you may need to buy a new one.

You could try pressing down on the button and wiggling it back an forth gently. If that works great, but it is still defective and you may want to return it anyway.

Most vendors will replace a defective device within the first 30-days... if not, I'd not shop with that vendor again :(  These batteries are quite reliable, although some more than others, but even the best quality manufacturers have a dud from time to time.  If you can't get it replaced under warranty, I would suggest looking into a slightly better device... perhaps something from Kangertech, Joye-tech, Vision, Smok, Innokin, eLeaf, etc.  Sometimes spending an extra dollar or two is worth it in the long run...

What do u mean the button is bad isnt it split into three parts I have a vaporfi pro-l ii clearomizer tank and I think either a vaporfi pro battery (650 mah) or a vaporfi pro variable battery (1000 mah) I don't know about any kind of bottom replacement 

16 minutes ago, Compenstine said:

Sounds to me like your button has gone bad. If it is new (within a week) contact the vendor you got it from and see if it is still under warranty. If so just exchange it. Other wise you may need to buy a new one.

You could try pressing down on the button and wiggling it back an forth gently. If that works great, but it is still defective and you may want to return it anyway.

My friend gave it to me after he got a better one so I don't have a warranty and am low on cash so I can't get a new one. what exactly would cause a problem like this maybe vape juice in the button or something. Could I just clean it out. I've heard it may have something to do with the atomizer and battery not connecting properly.

The battery (The part with the button) is a single unit and is pressed together at the factory, you can not replace just the button or take it apart without damaging it more. You need to have the battery unit replaced. Over time they can wear out. It is just the nature of small electronics.

Never heard of Vapor Fi I assume it is an ego style battery. If the button is stuck on usually there is a cutoff and it will blink from time to time. I would bet it is just dead and needs to be replaced. There are very cheap options out there you do not have to spend a ton to get a decent Ego style battery. $10-$15 will get one at about any vape shop or online source. It may not be the best one out there but at least it will work for ya.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

What do u mean the button is bad isnt it split into three parts I have a vaporfi pro-l ii clearomizer tank and I think either a vaporfi pro battery (650 mah) or a vaporfi pro variable battery (1000 mah) I don't know about any kind of bottom replacement 

My friend gave it to me after he got a better one so I don't have a warranty and am low on cash so I can't get a new one. what exactly would cause a problem like this maybe vape juice in the button or something. Could I just clean it out. I've heard it may have something to do with the atomizer and battery not connecting properly.

A button doesn't have to be broken (split into three parts) in order to stop working/gone bad. Your Vaporfi Pro II is a basic eGo style of battery. You don't have to spend a lot to get a good, quality battery. I wouldn't go with Vaporfi again, they're very expensive. The tank you're using is either a rebranded Kanger Pro Tank 3 or a clone of one.

If the light on your battery is staying on and won't let you vape, that's usually the sign that the battery is telling you something is broken or just isn't working inside. You can try to raise the center pin of your battery to make better contact with your tank's coil, but I don't hold out much hope for it. When you have a little money, ask questions here, we're very good about how to get the best bang for your buck and get you started with quality stuff without spending a lot. Your first lesson is: BACK UPS. Get them. If you have a back up of your battery, your tank, your coils, charger, juice, etc. You'll never be stuck without when something like this happens. You can get one thing each payday but it's very important to keep something in the wings.  :)

I'm sorry but I think it's toast.  I had an ego style battery do the same thing and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the button.   Since yours is a hand-me-down I'd be willing to bet it's done. 

You can buy a decent ego battery for $10 but they do have a limited life even if you get a good one. 

I see what kind of battery you have, looked it up. eGo style with the flat button. I have a battery that is built the same, it is a Kanger, but same flat button. Mine was stuck, pressed it and gave it a wiggle and it released. It also could be gunked up with liquid. You could try and clean it with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). Do not saturate it. You will have to let it dry out before use. If that doesn't fix the problem, the battery is broken and should be replaced.