iPV D2 Review

Tug

The ipv D2 takes one single 18650.The wattage output is 7w-75w and the Output voltage is 3.6v-7v (under power mode).The output joules are 10j-50j and the output voltage is 1.0v-7.0v (under joule mode).Input voltage is 3.2v-4.5v.Output current is 1.0A-25.0A and the Input current is 1.3A-30.0A.Standard resistance is 0.2ohms-3.0ohms and the Joules mode resistance is 0.05ohms-0.3ohms.Temp Limit centigrade is 100 degrees c-300 degrees c.Temp limit Fahrenheit is 212f-572f.And the chip is a Yihi SX130H.In the box you get your device,a user manual and a micro usb charging cable.There are several safety features on the ipv d2,low voltage protection,low resistance protection,High input voltage warning,output short circuit protection,reverse battery protection and temperature overheat protection.Typical 5 clicks to turn the device on and the rest is very self explanatory.Overall I've been really impressed with this device,very well built,battery sled is neat and clean.Spring loaded 510 and everything I've put on this has sat flush.Proper battery venting and there is a charging port for external charging but I Do not advocate doing this.Charge your batteries in a separate charger like a nitecore for example.I also forgot to mention that is also comes with a nice silicone sleeve.I will give this device a 5 out of 5 rating.Top notch and I am impressed with it,I don't really mess with temp control but this device has got me wanting to give it another shot.Feels good in the hand and is a pleasure to vape on.This was sent to me from GearBest for review,and please go visit their subforum on the main page of Vapor Talk.Thanks Guys! 😤💨

image.jpeg

Edited by Tug

I will have to agree that this is a great mod.  I ran mine from the first of August to the end of September, when I got the Evic VCT mini (a good mod too).  I switched back to D2 last week because it seems to handle titanium coils better than the Evic.  I will probably be buying a few more of these for backups.

I have really enjoyed temp control.  The D2 performs very well in temp control.  In fact out of all of my TC mods it is the most consistent, and the most comfortable in my hand.  The Evic mini is a bit neater, than the D2 with the better screen and upgradeable firmware, but in Ti mode the D2 just works better.  Ni200 can be a bit of a challenge to work with but I have gotten very good results.  I have never tried the Atlantis Ni200 coils, but the Herakles Ni200 work pretty good.  I am currently in the market for a Crown, and RBA section for it.  I am also thinking about getting the new Melo 2 RBA to use in my SauceCode, after I replace the glass.  I broke 2 tanks in 2 days last week.  Luckily I haven't broken anything this week!

I really wanted a D2, but the price kept me from jumping on them... When Cloupor came out with the Mini-plus (50W-TC), which is the same size as the 30W mini, I had to order one :)  GearBest had them for $29, which is the same price I paid for the 30W Cloupor minis, so I'm currently waiting for delivery...  I've not tried temp control yet, but I do have a box of Nickel coils for the ST-mini... so we'll see how it goes.  If I don't like it, I can always make good use of the mini in standard Wattage-mode... although I rarely go above 25W... it is nice to have a small mod that will handle higher Watts when needed (without breaking out the IPV-mini-V2)...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines