Looking for a good mini

Hi folks,

In the market for a good mini device to carry around with me.  I'm not looking for sub-ohm.  And I'd like to go as inexpensive as possible with the best quality.

My eLeaf iTaste 20W has been so unreliable since I bought it early this year. Now it's not holding a charge for long at all.  I've been using the GS-Air tank on it with 1.2 Ohm coils. 

Many thanks in advance!

The Eleaf iStick 20w was the worst of the lot. I love the 50W version

Tell me about it, Tam!  I have a 1.2 Ohm coil on it and I have to set it at its absolute lowest wattage (currently 6.4 watts) for it to be anything other than burnt.  I ruined three brand new coils on it last night.  They each just burnt up the first time I fired it at 11 Watts.

I also own the 50 Watt and I have no complaints.

I went ahead and bought 5 new GS-Air coils just now, and threw in the iStick Mini because it was only 19.99.  We'll see how well it works when I get it, but I'm still in the market.

If I remember correctly, it was Earthling who told me to set the iStick 20W at volts instead of watts. The 20W doesn't read wattage well and burns hot. At volts, it works much better. Also, since it runs hotter than what the display reads, you'd be better off with a higher resistance coil like 2.0 or 2.5 ohms. Less chance of burning up a coil that way.

Edited by Tam

I have two 30w Isticks, a 40wTC and a 50w. I love them all. The 30 and 40s are the perfect size to carry around (the 50 is a little big) I don't use the TC,, I only bought it cuz the price was right and thought I might someday try the temp control... Haven't felt the need yet. They last two full days and recharge pretty quickly. I get mine from Vapor Authority... Great prices and super fast shipping.

If I remember correctly, it was Earthling who told me to set the iStick 20W at volts instead of watts. The 20W doesn't read wattage well and burns hot. At volts, it works much better. Also, since it runs hotter than what the display reads, you'd be better off with a higher resistance coil like 2.0 or 2.5 ohms. Less chance of burning up a coil that way.

Thanks for this tip!  Wish I'd known this months ago.  Just tried it and you're right!  Unfortunately, DiscountVapers doesn't stock coils for the GS-Air at a higher resistance than 1.5 Ohm, so I'm stuck with those unless anyone knows of another supplier.

Edited by DarthVaper
add information

Just took a quick look and it seems like there are only two resistance levels to choose from: the 1.5 ohm and 1.2 ohm coils. There could be others but I didn't see any. If the 20W works in voltage mode, I'd stick with that until or unless you get a different battery.

Yep, it will work for you better in Voltage mode, and Tam is correct, 2.0 or higher Ohm coils are preferred for the iStick 20W.  You can work with a 1.5, but you're pretty stuck at the lowest settings for Voltage :(

I posted this in the duplicate thread you posted earlier, so I'll repeat it here in case one of the Moderators deletes the dupe-posting:

I love my Cloupor Minis... I have several of them in 30W size and they are very reliable, rugged, and portable (small).  They are roughly the size of two 18650 batteries side-by-side, but they only use one, obviously.  You can pick them up from several places online for under $30...  101Vape.com, VapeNW.com, GearBest.com, just to name a few.

They also have the 50W-TC version out called Mini-plus, which is the same size as the 30W mini.

Another great small device is the Wismec Presa 40W or 40W-TC... they are smaller than the Cloupor and have a built-in 2600mAh battery.  I have 3 of these as well, and they have been VERY reliable workhorses for the past few months!  They run from $28-33 for the standard, and $36-42 for the TC version.

I have two 30w Isticks, a 40wTC and a 50w. I love them all. The 30 and 40s are the perfect size to carry around (the 50 is a little big) I don't use the TC,, I only bought it cuz the price was right and thought I might someday try the temp control... Haven't felt the need yet. They last two full days and recharge pretty quickly. I get mine from Vapor Authority... Great prices and super fast shipping.

Go with the 30w istick. Most reliable mini mod I've had. The battery life will last at least 2 days.

Go with the 30w istick. Most reliable mini mod I've had. The battery life will last at least 2 days.

Paired with the Nautilus mini, perfect running around mod.

• 2 months later...