Kangertech Subox Nano

Change coils when you don't get the flavor or the performance falls off.  :)

This ^^

Light colored juices degrade coils slower than dark/sweet juices.  I don't gauge my coils by time, I gauge them by the volume of juice that goes through them... because some of us go through 10ml a day, some of us only use 2ml per day.  Sometimes I can go through 60ml (or more) with one coil, sometimes they need changing after 20ml have gone through them.  So, if you're a 2ml/day user, you could get 10-30 days out of a coil using the above example.  But, the general rule is to change them once flavor/vapor/air-flow diminish... coils are cheap in the grand scheme of things, so why keep using a "bad" one?

Hello there. I'm brand new to this forum. Been  vaping for about a year now. Since you guys are on this topic... Maybe someone will have some advice! I was real comfortable with my Aspire ESP 30 W with the Atlantis 2 tank..... I just got the subox nano and I'm curious... On the coil itself (0.5 ohm) it says 15W-60W... But everywhere I look people say 25-30.... Am I missing something here? My juice doesn't taste good... I've gone through 3 new coils already cause I thought that could be the problem. Also if I wanna vape it higher than 30, what kind of coil do I need? Thanks in advance!! 😊🌺 -Caitlyn

image.jpeg

I run 12watts using my Nano with the .5 coil, any higher and it gets a harsh taste to it. The life of the coil depends on the juice and how many watts you use. A lot of people think the more watts the bigger the clouds, that isn't true unless you consider the cloud caused by the burnt cotton.

I run 12watts using my Nano with the .5 coil, any higher and it gets a harsh taste to it. The life of the coil depends on the juice and how many watts you use. A lot of people think the more watts the bigger the clouds, that isn't true unless you consider the cloud caused by the burnt cotton.

In which case it's no longer "clouds" but more like "smoke" that's caused by the cotton turning to ash. lol

Hello there. I'm brand new to this forum. Been  vaping for about a year now. Since you guys are on this topic... Maybe someone will have some advice! I was real comfortable with my Aspire ESP 30 W with the Atlantis 2 tank..... I just got the subox nano and I'm curious... On the coil itself (0.5 ohm) it says 15W-60W... But everywhere I look people say 25-30.... Am I missing something here? My juice doesn't taste good... I've gone through 3 new coils already cause I thought that could be the problem. Also if I wanna vape it higher than 30, what kind of coil do I need? Thanks in advance!! 😊🌺 -Caitlyn

I really don't know where they get the Wattage ratings on those coils... @ 0.5 Ohms, 15W is 2.7V, and 60W is 5.5V... both well within the operational limits of the Subbox.

As FXRich posted above, the Wattage you use is going to be determined by the juice in the tank.  Some juices NEED higher Watts, some don't.  I have some juices that taste like garbage once I pass 15W, regardless of the tank... and in the same tank, a different juice needs 25W to taste it's best...   As always, start low on Wattage, vape, turn it up a bit, vape, repeat... once you get a slightly burnt taste, back it off about 0.5W and that is the sweet-spot for that coil/juice combo.

Think of vaping like driving... just because your car can do 120mph doesn't mean you have to pull out of your driveway at 120mph!  Start slow and work your way up to the "speed limit" of the juice, so to speak :)

• 3 years later...
On 11/7/2015 at 5:19 AM, ChixWithWicks said:

image.jpeg

I know this is an old post but for anyone re
visiting with the same problem, the other
answers people have given are 100% true
however id like to add my own 2 cents here... So
the coil here says 15-60w so that means you
can vape from 15 to a realistic 50w because
pushing to the max60 will burn your coil still and
increase a dry hit chance (you will know when
this happens as it's really harsh and you cough)
of course "vaping 101" also prime your cotton on

the coils with ejuice but don't flood them then fill
the tank and let it sit for a minute to absorb all
liquid, now the coil also says OCC... Now
there's many coil types you can get from ssocc
(stainless steel) which is what I use at 0.5 ohm
coils all the way up to ceramic coils and Clapton
coils to nichrome to kanthal coils and they will
change the flavour, some people say it makes
the biggest difference to flavour others will say
it doesn't make a difference by much... It's all
down to you so try different coils to see what