What Plans Have You for Now or in Future for Money Saved by Vaping?

jonnoh

It's been almost two and a half years since I started this great experiment in living without tobacco.  If I were writing a commercial the slogan would be: "A Change I Can Live With!" I think it took!  Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labour in ways other than greatly improved health, new interests in equipment, the quest for the perfect flavour, not hacking myself to death with self inflicted activities, etc. etc. I'm gonna buy a shack on a few acres in northern Maine.  A project to begin the next time I return to North America, with an eye on more acreage just a hop skip and jump over the border in Canada; a more benevolent, more enlightened, more forward and progressive thinking country. I've been looking into that since I learnt that there is actual testing for nicotine pre employment screening which caused me to reflect on the fact that you also need to be drug tested just to be a greeter at Walmart. I grieve for my country for those issues and so many others.  Ok enough of the political soapbox.  

It would take a forensic accountant to figure the savings I've accrued by vaping for two and a half years because of so many gifts of mods, atomisers, tanks, coils, batteries, juice etc.  I've also mixed my own juice very cheaply but also bought way over priced commercial liquid just because it was there.  I've overpaid for equipment in the form of abusive import duties, and foreign profit margins, so who knows.  My counter shows I've saved something like 15000 thousand dollars, but that's not even close because I entered the money in Malaysian Ringgit because that's what I earn and what I spend.   But 15000 dollars is the magic number to buy, so I as my personal Chancellor of the Exchequer will authorise the expenditure from the general treasury. 

The reality is that I'm sure I've saved money from the apocryphal ten dollars a day I think I would have spent if I still lived in Connecticut.  Honestly, I've no idea of the price of cigarettes in Connecticut and am too lazy too look it up, but at that rate, not smoking nor buying anything, I'd have saved over nine thousand dollars and that's good enough for me to splurge on something very cool (you can read COLD if you want) :)

So, what cool plans does anyone have for using their savings?

More than the batteries, I think it's the tanks, subtanks, coils, juices...  :D

And all the drip-tips too, Tam :)

I've saved a ton of money, and spent a good sum on gear and DIY (and gifted several hundred dollars of gear to others), but in the grand scheme of things I've spent about 1/3-1/2 of my savings on vaping, and the rest has gone to a little better living in the form of things for the house, non-vaping hobby-gear, the occasional splurge on fine-wine or gifts for my sweetie... Today, I vape for pennies a day, since I've not bought much in the form of "new gear" for myself this year... although I've spent a few bucks to upgrade my SO's gear (moving her from spinners and eGos, and into better tanks), and DIY is saving both of us big bucks in juices! 

If I had all that money in one lump-sum, I'd probably use it to put a down-payment on a decent used truck/SUV, or use it to re-furnish my LR and kitchen, with a new TV as an upgrade :)

I may not be saving a ton....I'm definitely saving something.  But one thing is sure - I'm much happier spending my money where I'm spending it now than I was a few years ago. (cant believe I'm in my 3rd year now).  

I am not saving tons, but I am saving.  I keep getting shinyitus and it really kills the savings.  Looking at the totals i have saved, I have not spent nearly that much on vape equipment or juice.  I guess it is getting absorbed into the general budget.

I've been vary fortunate to have my e-cig refurbished and a brand new tank put on by the company I bought it from 2 years ago.  That means I've already saved $119 for a new vaporizer and regular tip, another $35 for a new tank, no cost for fluid cause I make my own and still have all my stuff.  I was spending $200+ a month on analogs (figuring 1 pack a day, which I was going WAY over).  I figure I'm saving $6 a day for 2 days now because I've not bought cigarettes.  So far, looks like I'm ahead almost $12

.  :)

Have not saved anything....3 months in, and I spend more on vaping than I did on cigs

But on the bright side...I have 3 mods and a ton of e juice bottles full of liquid that tasted better when I tried it in the vape shop that was not using a sub ohm mod for testing. (Didnt account for nic level)