help me pick a mod

drizzt

Personally I would get a set or two of the 25Rs and if you want to really blow clouds, or turn it up past 120 or 140 watts or so throw in a set of HB6's.  I if you are running that high, you will get a longer cell life out of the HB6's and they will run much cooler.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but when you have a dual battery mod you must marry the batteries.  In other words they 2 batteries stay to gather for life.  I label them 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B etc.  When you use them always do the the same to one as you do the other.  Charge them at the same time, fully.  When you put them back in the mod, swap the A and B location.  This ensures that they wear evenly.  If one battery will not take a charge, or seems to be going bad, divorce them.  Some people say recycle them both, but I will just start using the remaining good one in a single battery mod, and buy a new set to run in the dual battery mod.  I actually have 3 sets I run in my ipv 3 and they have lasted a long time. I really don't use it much.  I keep it by my chair with a "special juice" in it that I only use sparingly.  I have a velocity or TFV4 on it and I normally run it in the 100+ watt range.  I could run 25R's in it, but I have 2 sets of VTC 4's and a set of HB6's that I need to use and I might want to really crank it up.

Personally I would get a set or two of the 25Rs and if you want to really blow clouds, or turn it up past 120 or 140 watts or so throw in a set of HB6's.  I if you are running that high, you will get a longer cell life out of the HB6's and they will run much cooler.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but when you have a dual battery mod you must marry the batteries.  In other words they 2 batteries stay to gather for life.  I label them 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B etc.  When you use them always do the the same to one as you do the other.  Charge them at the same time, fully.  When you put them back in the mod, swap the A and B location.  This ensures that they wear evenly.  If one battery will not take a charge, or seems to be going bad, divorce them.  Some people say recycle them both, but I will just start using the remaining good one in a single battery mod, and buy a new set to run in the dual battery mod.  I actually have 3 sets I run in my ipv 3 and they have lasted a long time. I really don't use it much.  I keep it by my chair with a "special juice" in it that I only use sparingly.  I have a velocity or TFV4 on it and I normally run it in the 100+ watt range.  I could run 25R's in it, but I have 2 sets of VTC 4's and a set of HB6's that I need to use and I might want to really crank it up.

I do know to marry and label the batteries. I actually do that with all rechargeable batteries regardless of what they go in.

Good info to marry the batteries, Jason... I, too, label my rechargeable batteries with the date of purchase and a "pair" identifier... even my AA and AAA rechargeables :)  It makes the much easier to keep together, and when one goes bad, I divorce them and use the singles (18650's) in a IPV mini, mech-mod, flashlight, or other single battery device.  For AA/AAA, I divorce them and recycle both if they are over a year old... otherwise, I'll re-marry them with another divorced battery and try again.

Good info to marry the batteries, Jason... I, too, label my rechargeable batteries with the date of purchase and a "pair" identifier... even my AA and AAA rechargeables :)  It makes the much easier to keep together, and when one goes bad, I divorce them and use the singles (18650's) in a IPV mini, mech-mod, flashlight, or other single battery device.  For AA/AAA, I divorce them and recycle both if they are over a year old... otherwise, I'll re-marry them with another divorced battery and try again.

You have inspired me to mark my batteries better.  I got all of them done but 4.  I know they came from one of two places and are within a month of each other in age.  I wish I had done this sooner. I can now tell who I bought it from, and when I bought it. It makes it so much easier to rotate them around.  I have 20 that I use in my single battery mods, but I was probably using 2 sets of 4 the most.  I am now rotating them.  I do tend to use the HG2's and the 30Q's the most because they do seem to last the longest.