What setup do i need for Cloud competitions?

JoeyForte

So there are a decent amount of local competitions in South FL where i reside, and i would like to start getting into them. Right now, i only have a box mod. 

I need someone to find me a set up that is gonna help me win competitions. (I know ill need to practice, but i want a good setup to help me get into the groove of it.)

So, can someone tell me what setup or an example to use to help me shop for one? 

Not many of our members here are cloud competition folks... 99.9% are vaping for smoking cessation or hobby, rather than competition.

If memory serves, from reading the local brochure from a recent competition (which I did NOT attend... never will actually), there were divisions, and listings of specific, allowable gear, as well as an "open-mechanical" category. 

If you want to compete, check with the local competition organizers for a recommendation of gear, and you can't go wrong, or you may show up with a sub-par (or disqualifying) rig.  Some competitions only allow pure VG, some don't, so be aware of your juice limitations too.  Pure VG gives the max vapor production, BTW.

Personally, I think the cloud competitions are vaping's biggest enemy, and further damage vaping in the eyes of the pubic.  Huge clouds look cool to some, but to most, they look dangerous, menacing, and disgusting... and the media and government LOVE to use photos of cloud-chasers to support their regulation crusade, so they can say "look at this horrible, death-cloud!  We must regulate this and stop it... for the CHILDREN!".

To each his own... but what you do in public casts light upon more than just you!

Not many of our members here are cloud competition folks... 99.9% are vaping for smoking cessation or hobby, rather than competition.

If memory serves, from reading the local brochure from a recent competition (which I did NOT attend... never will actually), there were divisions, and listings of specific, allowable gear, as well as an "open-mechanical" category. 

If you want to compete, check with the local competition organizers for a recommendation of gear, and you can't go wrong, or you may show up with a sub-par (or disqualifying) rig.  Some competitions only allow pure VG, some don't, so be aware of your juice limitations too.  Pure VG gives the max vapor production, BTW.

Personally, I think the cloud competitions are vaping's biggest enemy, and further damage vaping in the eyes of the pubic.  Huge clouds look cool to some, but to most, they look dangerous, menacing, and disgusting... and the media and government LOVE to use photos of cloud-chasers to support their regulation crusade, so they can say "look at this horrible, death-cloud!  We must regulate this and stop it... for the CHILDREN!".

To each his own... but what you do in public casts light upon more than just you!

Not sure this could be put any better. He should just go to a vape shop thats about all they cater to anyway as I am sure they are the sponsors of this silliness.

It is probably a good idea to watch cloud comps a couple of times first before competing. I would recommend an organizer of such event  who 

• successfully done this before without any incidents
  • have safety protocols throughout the event (prior, during and well after the event)
  • venue has no ordinance banning vaping (i heard some organizers do not check or try to circumvent it)
  • please do not vape in non-designated areas (hallways, lobby, parking lot, etc)

These are the things I would look for if I were to seriously contemplate cloud comp. On a funny note, check out Professional Vaper mod. lol It gets interesting @ 2;00 

The local B&M sent me a "customer appreciation" email last night... 10% off gear, free juice... the usual stuff, but I noticed they were also hosting a cloud comp at their juice-bar this weekend... totally open, no restrictions, no rules...  The evil person in me wants to go watch to see how many people damage themselves (or equipment), because you know some moron is going to show up with a car-battery and a 0.01 Ohm quad-coil :wallbash: ... the sane person in me says "stay away!" :D  I usually listen to the sane one, because the fewer people that attend these things, maybe they'll stop having them?

I should probably clarify that I was talking about iQuit's link to the vid below and not about the OP when I said "that guy's going to blow his face off."  :lol:

He almost does blow his face off! I love the part where goes to take a hit off it at 6 volts and does a double take when he remembers he set it so high. That would have been epic.  :lol:

Seriously though, this guy is a shame. 

• 2 weeks later...