Welcome JC!

You're comparison is apples-to-Buicks...  but I'll try to give you some examples of why....

The prebuilt coils have been known to have "packed" cotton, which may be too tight, which slows wicking-action.  Many people have said they needed to loosen the cotton a bit to improve wicking in the pre-built coils.  Use a toothpick or push-pin to loosen it up a bit if that is the case.  When you are building on the RBA deck, you are most likely "fanning" the cotton, which improves wicking greatly over the pre-builts.

As for power, 0.5 Ohms @ 40W is 4.5V and nearly 9A of power.  The 0.7 Ohm coil @ 40W is 5.3V, but only 7.6A of power!  Is 40W too much for either of these coils?  That depends on the juice and your preferences, but you can see the Amp-draw and Voltage differences. 

Personally, I have a 0.8 Ohm coil I use often, but rarely push it beyond 25W of power... then again, I don't like my vape HOT, nor does my juice :)

This is just my assumption, but, the RBA does not have as good of airflow as the premade coil, and this forms more vacuum in the tank, which is promoting wicking.  It could be a bad premade coil or you just nailed the wicking perfectly in the RBA.  It all comes down to wicking, in my opinion.

As for power, 0.5 Ohms @ 40W is 4.5V and nearly 9A of power.  The 0.7 Ohm coil @ 40W is 5.3V, but only 7.6A of power!  Is 40W too much for either of these coils?  That depends on the juice and your preferences, but you can see the Amp-draw and Voltage differences.

I didn't think about this in my post to the other thread. .7 ohm would be cooler possibly?

But can I eat the apple in the Buick at 0.7 ohms?  :evil:

YES!

I must really be a wimp, with my Subtank RBA with a .6 coil anything over 13 watts is too harsh, but I use 8mg nic so that is probably why.

i started with an istick mini.. and it was too harsh for a while and then swiched to the Subtank with the xpro m50 and slowly worked my way up 

I'm satisfied where I'm at right now, 3/4 of the time I use a KPT at 9watts. I will lower my nic from 8mg down to 6mg or maybe 4mg but other than that I'm good. Sometimes I use a evod battery with a T3.