LG ICR18650HE4

Samsung INR18650-25R R2 (BLUE)

Samsung INR18650-25R R5 (GREEN)

And at least one of the following:

Nitecore D2 Digicharger

Nitecore D4 Digicharger

Nitecore i2 Intellicharger

Nitecore i4 Intellicharger

I personally don't recommend any Efest batteries, especially for newbies.  Efest has been inconsistent at best.  They over rate the batteries that they rewrap and over charge for them.  I have seen independent tests that say none of their batteries are close to the rating they claim.  Is it true?  I don't know.  They have been the worst batteries I have ever had myself.

I also don't recommend Sony VTC3, or VTC4, as there are too may knock offs out there.  If you really trust the vendor, they are great batteries.  They are highly counterfeited though.

I think one of the more important things is choose the correct vendor.  Stay away from most vape sites, and Ebay.  Be very cautious on Amazon, as there are good ones and bad ones out there.  The safest places to buy them is Flashlight suppliers such as illumn.com, or liionwholesale.com (IMO).

Any of these batteries should be able to be bought for around $5.00 to $6.00 each.  I would suggest you buy at least 2.  This gives you a fresh backup at all times. This is another reason to get a separate charger.  You can be vaping on one, and charging the other.  I personally carry 4 everywhere I go, and keep 4+ fresh ones at home.  Normally 1 will last me nearly all day.  I am not a big fan of charging in the mod.  I also discourage "pass through" vaping especially with a SubOhm tank.

I'd also include the VTC5 in the list of Sony batteries... they were never sold to the general public, only to industry, so they are horribly cloned, re-wrapped, and mis-labeled batteries.  You "might" get a real Sony VTC5, but the chances are very slim, so avoid them.

I'd also include the VTC5 in the list of Sony batteries... they were never sold to the general public, only to industry, so they are horribly cloned, re-wrapped, and mis-labeled batteries.  You "might" get a real Sony VTC5, but the chances are very slim, so avoid them.

Agreed!

I really love the Sony batteries, and still have a set of VTC3's that are nearly a year old and run great.  My VTC4's are holding up good too.

This has to be one of the most misrepresented batteries out there!  I have heard it said the VTC3 was good, the VTC4 is just a bit better, and the VTC5 is the best.  This is not true!  They are all different batteries with different specifications.

VTC3 has a CDR of 30A and 1500 mAh

VTC4 has a CDR of 20A and 2100 mAh

VTC5 has a CDR of 20A and 2600 mAh

This is why I recommend the 25R and HE2&4 they are rated as good, cheaper (usually), and counterfeited less.

If you need more amperage the VTC3, LG HB2, and LG HB6 are all rated (and tested) at 30A CDR but only 1500 mAh.

Here is a couple of good VTC5 articles:  Warning: Sony VTC5s sold today are all fake.    What is the best alternative to the VTC5?    

Sorry for the rambling posts....  I have really been obsessing over the 18650 battery and the battery ratings.  There is so much "bro science" out there in the vape world. I really want to build a test setup to test todays batteries to failure, but I don't really have the time (or money).

In my opinion the 3 biggest things that will get our smoking secession products banned or highly regulated is:

1. discourteous cloud chasers

2. careless juice storage

3. injuries/fires caused by improper battery knowledge/usage

Edited by jasonculp