help?!

Hello everyone, iv been.vaping for a couple of weeks now I have a kangertech mod 50w with a arctic horizon tank, now I have a question when I first bought the tank I broke it in at 30w, now 4 days later im at 50w but when I purchased the tank the hits were smooth and I could pull on it for a good 10 seconds or more without even feeling it at a full 50watts, now I can pull it for only about 4 to 5 seconds and hurts everytime, what could cause that.. do I need to get a new coil?

Hello everyone, iv been.vaping for a couple of weeks now I have a kangertech mod 50w with a arctic horizon tank, now I have a question when I first bought the tank I broke it in at 30w, now 4 days later im at 50w but when I purchased the tank the hits were smooth and I could pull on it for a good 10 seconds or more without even feeling it at a full 50watts, now I can pull it for only about 4 to 5 seconds and hurts everytime, what could cause that.. do I need to get a new coil?

Hurts how? Does it hurt when you inhale? Does it hurt on your lips (i.e. burning)? Which coil are you using in the Arctic? What is the PG/VG blend of the liquid you are using? Last...but definitely not least...what is your nic level?

I'm assuming you have a subox mini since its the only 50w mod Kanger makes. The horizon factory coils are 1.2, .5, .2, I'm also assuming you are not using the .2ohm coil, since that mod is not supposed to fire below .3 ohms.

.5ohms @ 50w = 5v   30w = 3.8v

1.2ohms @ 50w = 7.75v  30w = 6v

Hopefully you are not using the 1.2 coil, if you are using the .5 coil you are probably using too many watts, turn it back down to 30 watts or lower.

I will tell you exactly what you did, you burned out the coil and now every hit will taste like crap and burn because you are now taking in one part vapor and 3 parts burned up coil. Change your coil, clean your tank real well and try it at 26 watts to start see how that hits then go up slowly to about 36 watts and see. I bet you around 28 or a little higher will taste better. And for the future just because your box can go to 50watts doesn't mean you should. Also your occ coil may be rated for 50 watts max like they say 30-50watts on the coil. Every time I had a coil say that the higher wattage will burn it out, stick with the lower end of the recommend wattage for the coil. Hope this helps