New to Vaping!

Avion

Hey Guys!

After years i decided to try vaping! not quitting cos i need my nicotine, anyone know where can i get online? Need some recommendations and comparisons! Will check out the other threads too, meanwhile any kind soul willing can let me know too

Thanks Mirage, i am looking through it. My friend recommended here spammy link removed

Any differences ? My budget is around $40 USD, any good suggestions for starter kits?

Edited by Jeffb
spammy link

You can get some starter kits for around $40 but you won't be happy with them for long. You get what you pay for. If you spend a little more, you can buy something that will grow with you and will perform much better, IMO.

Thanks for the tip, how much do you spend on average man? I see guys like rebuilding rebuilding... i just started out and have no idea how to go about it man.
Seems like own juice or something is the way to go now. haha

Thanks for the tip, how much do you spend on average man?

Well, it would all depend on the man, I suppose. If he's only "average," I wouldn't spend much on him. If he was above average... I might be tempted to spend a little more. Just kidding.  :D

If you're just starting and want something dependable but not too complicated, I'd start with two Vision Spinner variable voltage batteries, a couple Kanger Pro Tank 3 mini, a couple 5-packs of replacement coils, a charger with an AC adapter and some juice. Easily under $100 and you're set to go for a bit until you decide you want something a little more advanced.

Others may be along shortly to help you spend some money. We all have our preferences in vaping. Only you can tell what you like and what works for you.  :)

Wow thats good help... To be honest you just lost me..T_T  i will go check it out and study some of things you said.

I am looking for something more ..stronger i suppose which so far i know i need more power.

More power does not equal more vapor or a stronger "vape" (we call this "throat hit"). That would be the mixture of PG (propolyne glycol) and VG (vegetable glycerine) and amount of nicotine.

I can easily fog up a room with the Vision Spinner 1600 mAh (<-- this is the battery with 1600 milliamp hours), the KPT mini 3 (KPT = Kanger Pro Tank -- the tank that holds the juice and the heating coil), with a 1.8 ohm coil, some 50 PG/50 VG juice. If you're new and trying to get off cigarettes, I would suggest going with a higher nicotine juice like 18 mg or 24 mg nicotine to start. Once you get totally off the cigarettes, you can start lowering the nic level a little at a time.

Ask lots of questions, we'll try to steer you in the right direction.  :)

I see....i kinda get the tank thingy and juice of course that is the nicotine.

So you are saying power aka the Vision Spinner(this is a brand i suppose) just creates the smoke only.

Is heating coil essential as in a good one or does it make or break the deal?

I am looking for something more ..stronger i suppose which so far i know i need more power.

Stronger (more power) isn't necessarily better, but it isn't necessarily not better either. If you haven't even started vaping yet, then I would recommend paying a visit to one or more B&M's. Check out what they have, keep notes on what you like, then find a reputable dealer online to purchase from.

Tam made great suggestions in her equipment recommendations to start with and she is correct that you are going to have a hard time finding a decent setup for $40. If you want something with growing room, then perhaps waiting a bit longer for the budget to grow then looking at something like the Kanger sub box mini starter kit. The prices are dropping significantly on that (I've seen them as low as $55). Just my 2 cents.

I see....i kinda get the tank thingy and juice of course that is the nicotine.

So you are saying power aka the Vision Spinner(this is a brand i suppose) just creates the smoke only.

Is heating coil essential as in a good one or does it make or break the deal?

Vision is the brand, Spinner is the model of battery.

Juice can, and most often does, contain nicotine. You can also order juice with no nicotine at all.

The Spinner provides the power, nothing else. There is no "smoke" from an e-cigarette. If you see smoke, that means it's about to burn or blow up, not something you want. We call it "vapor."

The coils come in different resistances, it all depends on what you like through trial and error. I would suggest a 1.8 ohm coil as a good starting point.

If you get a lower resistance coil, you get a hotter vape with less power. With a higher resistance coil, it takes more power to get the coil to heat up so you use more power. That would also drain the battery faster so you'd have to charge it back up more frequently. That's why I suggest using a 1.8 ohm coil, it's a good level to start with and you can go higher or lower with ease. Some juices like cooler temperatures for best flavor while others need more heat. With the 1.8 ohm coil, it's a nice balance so you can go up or down.

A hotter vape would be getting hotter vapor due to a hotter heating coil.

Higher resistance coil takes more power from the battery to heat the coil so it uses drains the battery faster making it so you have to charge it more frequently.