NI200 Coils

Vapor Guy

What gauge is everyone using, I tried with 30 gauge that's just to dang thin to use. 28 gauge seems better but with 16 wraps I was getting a 0.08 reading with it, tried a 25 wrap but that was to big it seemed and kept messing it up trying to install it. 

I may try again tomorrow with 20 wraps to see if I can get that 0.10 that I need to use it safely. It was a dual coil build with the 16 wraps. 

What gauge is anyone having success with? Was also thinking of maybe switching to TI I hear that takes way less wraps. 

What gauge is anyone having success with? Was also thinking of maybe switching to TI I hear that takes way less wraps. 

Ti does require fewer wraps.  I use 24g Ti 1.  A .15 ohm coil on a 3mm screwdriver with Ti is only 5 wraps.

Ti does require fewer wraps.  I use 24g Ti 1.  A .15 ohm coil on a 3mm screwdriver with Ti is only 5 wraps.

where do you purchase it from?? 

This really interests me too.  I have been having a terrible time with the Ni200 lately or the wicking.  If I build a good coil, I can't wick it...lol

where do you purchase it from?? 

The shop where I bought my iPV4 threw in a pack because I also bought an RDA and some batteries at the same time.  The specific wire I use is Ti-Wire by Sweet Spot Vapors.  I'll warn you though - it isn't cheap.  It normally sells in the B&M's for around $10-$15 for a 10 foot strand (and a couple of pieces of Japanese cotton).  A little more than what I have seen B&M's charge per foot for kanthal, but kanthal is a lot easier to find online for a lot less money.  I did see a new company at ECC last weekend - Spider Silk by Envy Electronic Cigarettes.  I passed it by because at that specific time I didn't feel like fighting the crowd around their booth but it is another option that may be worth checking out if interested.

Both companies claim their wire can be used in TC and non-TC devices, regulated and unregulated.  

This really interests me too.  I have been having a terrible time with the Ni200 lately or the wicking.  If I build a good coil, I can't wick it...lol

I'll take a pic of it later tonight, but I just put a Ti build in my LEMO last week.  I need to rewick it anyway because I screwed up the wick.  I think it was 6 wraps (maybe 7) of .5mm Ti1 on a 3mm screwdriver and comes in right around 0.2 ohms.